VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

.wav File Failure - Read And Record Module

I have a client running 4 lines on an analog dialogic card, Voiceguide version 7.6. They are having an intermittent problem since going to four full lines from just using one.

The Voiceguide script is programmed to answer the calls and play a message. When this problem occurs, the .wav file is not playable either on the hard drive or by the Voiceguide software, as if it's corrupted. Also, when this occurs, they can no longer record another message. The only fix is to uninstall and re-install the Voiceguide software.

This problem did not occur when only one line was in use. Is this a problem where two of the lines are trying to read the file at the same time and it gets corrupted?

There are no problems with multiple lines reading/playing the same sound file.

VoiceGuide does not change the sound files that it plays in any way, so if the file on the hard disk becomes corrupted then there may be a hard disk related problem.

No playback problem would result in the VoiceGuide software requiring re-installation. This again suggests that we are looking at a hard disk related problem.

If you can post the traces capturing this then we can have a better look at it, but if all that the trace shows is that a sound file that was read ok all of a sudden cannot be read in that this would just basically confirm that the hard disk could be faulty here...

This same exact problem has occured on three occasions. The script I wrote allows a certain access password to record the message the callers will hear. After this problem occurs, the caller recording the message can no longer do so. When I re-install Voiceguide, the caller can then record the message again. It's the only way to correct. So, that being said, that is why I think it's something in Voiceguide.

Please send me the information on how to put the trace on.

The script I wrote allows a certain access password to record the message the callers will hear

Are you saying that your system allow multiple people at the same time to record the exact same file?

This will not work of course.

Still this is nothing that would require a reinstall of VoiceGuide. The lines that are trying to record but cannot as some other line is recording that file already would just hangup or script would go down error path.

In v7 logs are in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

Only one person has the password to record the message. I was thinking that maybe he is recording this message while the others are calling in and trying to access it? Would that cause the problem?

Something gets corrupted in Voiceguide and the only solution is to re-install it. Then, messages can be recorded again

Please post the traces we can then see what actually happened.

A better solution would be to record to another file and after recording is finished copy/rename the sound file over to the one that other users listen to.

It is not possible for issues with partially formed sound or other external files requiring a reinstall of the VoiceGuide software itself.

In VoiceGuide v7 the logs are in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

Are you using VoiceGuide v7 or v6 ?

Maybe I have not been clear. This problem is not only with the .wav file, but causes something in Voiceguide to corrupt. When this problem happens, the user can no longer record another message. I have to re-install Voiceguide to make it work again.

Isn't there a setting in Voiceguide where I turn the trace on? In an .ini file?

It's version 7.06. I plan to create a .bat file to copy the wav as you suggest and add a "Run Program" module in the script to run it. That way the file can't be read while it is being recorded

Seriously doubt there is any need to re-install the software.

Please .ZIP up and post all traces from the day(s) when the problem occurred and indicate at roughly what time the issue occurred and at what times you did the re-install.

The traces are created automatically in v7, so you will see them in the \log\ subdirectory.