VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Line Reconfiguration Not Working

I have a four line VG Enterprise and Dialer license. Originally I had a all 4 lines set up in the same call group under one call-in number. Using the line status monitor I can see the first and third lines (dxxxB111 and dxxxB1C3) answering incoming calls.

The configuration was changed to have three lines set in the same call group for one call-in number and the fourth line set up with a different call-in number. The same slots in the Dialogic card are still used. The Config.xml was not changed, as I wanted to verify the new call-in number worked with the same script. I stopped and restarted VG and the dialogic services, but when I call in on the new number, it just rings. VG is not answering the line.

I am using VG 7.0.5, with a Dialogic Voice PCI 12 Pt Alogtrunk 12 card. I check the log files, but when the number is called, there is nothing written to them. I also stopped and restarted the service and looked at the logs, but do not see anything different for that line. I'm attaching the logs.

1010_0904_vgEngine.txt

1010_ktTel.txt

From your description it sounds like nothing was changed on VoiceGuide's side, but the configuration of lines was changed on the PBX/Switch that supplies the lines.

Suggest you check the correct operation of the lines leaving the PBX/Switch by attaching normal analog phones to the 4 lines and seeing which of the phones ring when you dial the number that should be routed to those lines.

Suggest you start tests with the second number that should always go to the 'fourth' line and if phone attached to that line does ring then test plugging that line into all 4 dialogic ports in turn to test if all of the ports detect the incoming call.

The above basically outlines a general approach that is taken when testing that the analog lines are working and then verifying the ports on the Dialogic cards are working.

We verified all lines worked, as we could dial out and into each of the four lines. The problem could be the dialogic card is faulty or something in the software.

Since we are using a 6-port dialogic card, we still have two available ports. How do I reconfigure VoiceGuide to be able to recognize other ports on the card. I know how to configure the scripts in Config.xml, but am not sure what else needs to be changed from the default configuration. When the line manager runs, it only shows the first four lines, (the default configuration?).

Also, are there any restrictions on in the VoiceGuide license that affect which ports on the dialogic card are used? We have a 4-line license, so can only use four of the six lines on the dialogic card.

Thanks!

The traces provided in first post show that the Dialogic card is correctly responding to all line open/initialization commands.

One thing to try would be to try using some of Dialogic's demo programs to see if calls get answered when the demo programs are used.

How do I reconfigure VoiceGuide to be able to recognize other ports on the card.

Just change the Config.xml to open the other ports. You need to know the names of the ports you want to open. (eg. dxxxB2C1 etc)

Also, are there any restrictions on in the VoiceGuide license that affect which ports on the dialogic card are used?

No.

When the configuration is changed where I am set up for different lines, (other than the default, dxxxB1C1-C4 and config xml file is set up, why doesn't the line manager reflect the changes? I still see the first four lines shown and not the new configuration. Please advise. Thanks!

Please post your new Config.xml and the traces capturing system startup.

Please .ZIP up all attachments.

When I looked at the config.xml, I did see an error on one of the device names. Once I corrected it, the line manager correctly reflected the configuration. Thanks!