VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voice Modems

Sorry to ask such as basic question (mostly pre-sales since I am playing with the trail version), but I am new to IVR applications.

Can a PC have more than one Voice Modem installed? It has been a while since I have taken a look, but don't Voice Modems need to be wired to the sound card (or is that not required). If they do, then how can you install more than one Voice Modem on a PC?

I basically want to model out a simple voicemail system than can also recieve faxes. I was reading through documentation and it looks like you only support MS fax via MSExchange? Is that true? Or is there another way to pass the call to another fax application. Has anyone else done this? Can someone show me how this would be done.

I read thru the archived forum, and has anyone found any other fax application besides the one from faxcall.com?

Can a PC have more than one Voice Modem installed?

Yes.

but don't Voice Modems need to be wired to the sound card (or is that not required).

They don’t need to be wired to the sound card.

only support MS fax via MSExchange?

MS fax is not supported. No handing off to fax applications is supported - although an "On {fax}" path is supported which allows design of script which transfer the call to another extension (one with a fax machine) if an incoming fax call is detected.

MS fax is not supported. No handing off to fax applications is supported

Did this change? If so, in what version. I thought VG used to be able to hand off fax calls received?

John

MS Fax stopped being able to accept handed of fax calls after Win98, and some time ago as a result of this the ability for VoiceGuide to hand of fax calls using the TAPI mechanism was removed.

I am actually working in a Win98 SE environment.

Can an earlier version of VoiceGuide (which has the support to hand off fax calls using the TAPI mechanism be purchased)? What version was this support dropped? 4.7, 4.8, 4.9, 5?

"On {fax}" path is supported which allows design of script which transfer the call to another extension (one with a fax machine) if an incoming fax call is detected.

What type of hardware would this require?

"On {fax}" path is supported which allows design of script which transfer the call to another extension (one with a fax machine) if an incoming fax call is detected.

What type of hardware would this require?

As you will be doing a call transfer then we'd recommend using a Dialogic card.

What version was this support dropped?

I think it was even before 4.4.