VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Pre-sales Question - Is This Possible ?

I am a customer in the UK (London) looking to buy an IVR system for use on 4 analogue lines with a Dialogic D/4PCI card (on order).

Please could you tell me whether the following scenario is possible using the above set up...

I need the ability for customers to dial in to severals central support numbers and request recorded support information using the phone keypad. They should also have an option of by-passing this and recording a message for a support person. They would also need to leave their phone number, using phone keypad or by picking this up automatically, before hanging up. Depending on the type of support required, the system should then dial the appropriate on-call support person and inform them that they have a new message. During that same call, the support person would then type in a PIN number to pick up the message. An option should be given to be connected directly to the customer (using some sort of 3 way call / call transfer). This call may need to be recorded to ensure that correct advice is being given and service levels are being met.

The support person should not know the customer's number and vica verca.

There might also be the need, at a later date, to give customers the option of paying for support/goods by credit card through the system. Is it possible to validate and debit the card while the customer is on the line?

Thanks for any advice you can give.

All of this is possible - and quite easy to implement with VoiceGuide.

The hardest part would be the real-time validation of credit cards - but many institutions now offer ready to use packages for this which can be called directly from the Run VB Script module.

Thanks for your speedy reply.

What are your feelings on the analogue D/4PCI card against ISDN Fritz!x cards to implement the system I mentioned previously?

I know from your website that your testing has been done with Fritz cards. Are they as easy to set and and use and would they offer me any advantages/extra features over the D/4PCI?

Thanks.

At this stage I'd go with the D4PCI.

Does your BRI ISDN service offer call transfer and call conferencing options and have you been able to perform them using other equipment?

If your budget allows it I'd suggest getting the D/4JCT-LS card (or the 12 port D/120JCT-LS) instead - that card will allow you to use the "Dial and Conference" option in the call transfer module - removing the reliance on getting the telephone company's "3rd party conference" feature working. With "Dial and Conference" a 2nd call is placed on another line and the two lines are connected together in the card.

With "Dial and Conference" we may also be able to set up a system which will be able to record both sides of the conversation - whereas with the "3rd party conference" option only one side of the conversation would be recorded...

You will need to purchase the Dialer add-on to use "Dial and Conference".

After speaking to my phone company, I think that sticking with an analogue setup is the way to go.

They are offering Centrex as an option which I know VoiceGuide is compatible with so I need explore that further.

Could I ask some further newbie questions...

If I used the phone company 3 way conference, I assume that this would only take up one line in my system? Whereas if VoiceGuide did the conference (through a D/120JCT-LS) this would take up 3 lines?

If I bought a D/120JCT-LS card and did call transfers within the card and VoiceGuide hangs up to leave the 2 parties connected, who pays the cost of that call and what Caller ID is displayed to each caller? Also, who pays for the call if VoiceGuide stays on the line to record the conversation?

Would a D/120JCT-LS be able to do blind transfers as well as announced transfers or does this depend on my phone operator?

And one final question...you mentioned in the previous post that it might be possible to set up VoiceGuide to record both sides of the conversation. How could this be done and would both sides of the conversation end up in the same sound file?

Thanks again.

If I used the phone company 3 way conference, I assume that this would only take up one line in my system?

Yes.

(Just a note here that 3 way calls are notoriously difficult to set up...)

Whereas if VoiceGuide did the conference (through a D/120JCT-LS) this would take up 3 lines?

2 lines - original caller and the new call.

If I bought a D/120JCT-LS card and did call transfers within the card and VoiceGuide hangs up to leave the 2 parties connected,

The call is connected within VoiceGuide with Dial and Conference... and once VoiceGuide hangs up on a line then the call on that line is finished...

what Caller ID is displayed to each caller?

When VoiceGuide makes the call the recipient of would see VoiceGuide's Caller ID...

Would a D/120JCT-LS be able to do blind transfers as well as announced transfers or does this depend on my phone operator?

Depends on the Phone Company. Many do not support blind transfers.

And one final question...you mentioned in the previous post that it might be possible to set up VoiceGuide to record both sides of the conversation. How could this be done and would both sides of the conversation end up in the same sound file?

At this stage the resulting recording would be two separate sound files - each with one side of the conversation. These can be combined at a later stage - and I think this will be possible for VoiceGuide to do automatically within a few more months...

Thanks.

...and what about the call costs? Who pays when conferencing and transferring?

In most situations the person making the call pays for the call - so in cases where VoiceGuide makes the call then most likely the cost will be charged to the line on which the call is made.. - you should speak to your phone company to see what are the costs for making and receiving calls on the lines which are you are using...