VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrade To Vg 7.0.6

Dear Support,

I've just upgraded VG from Ver. 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 and all the VBScripts stopped working.

When I try to run a script in "Temp" folder with VBs Editor, it raises an error saying, "The system cannot find the file specified," indicating that

Set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink") line has a problem.

Even if I try to give a reference to the vgServices.dll file, VBs editor complains like "Unable to find the object in this library."

I uninstalled and reinstalled for upgrade, leaving vg.ini and config files in "config" folder.

Do I need to remove everything and start from the scratch for this upgrade?

I am adding the log file here just in case.

Thanks for your help.

VGLogs.zip

To upgrade from 7.0.5 to 7.0.6 you first need to uninstall 7.0.5 and then install 7.0.6.

There should be no problems with vgServices.CommandLink. Please let us know if you continue to have issues after reinstalling 7.0.6.

That's what actually I did: uninstall and reinstall...

But now I got it worked by doing the following.

1. I got Process Monitor from Microsoft web site and found out that "vgServices.commandLink" in C:\Windows\assembly folder is being accessed whenever a vbscript from VG ran.

2. I checked the folder and saw there were two lines of "vgServices.CommandLink" in there, so uninsalled them by right-clicking the objects.

3. I uninstall/re-installed again.

4. Then VG started working. However, I don't see any object named like "vgServices.." in the "Assembly" folder any more.

I am not sure if that was the actual cause of the problem or not but posting it here so that others with the same problem could get an easier way out.

Please also let me know your opinion.

By the way, I assigned a specific user account to "Logon" previlige for VG Service. This may have caused the problem as well.

Thanks.

I assigned a specific user account to "Logon" previlige for VG Service. This may have caused the problem as well.

Yes. This may have been the cause if the user did not have same privileges as "Administrator".