VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

What Resource Boards Work With Voiceguide?

All the Dialogic boards you list are interface boards to connect to telephone lines, most with voice resources. The ones without voice resources would need a voice resource board and you make no mention of what resource boards work with VG.

What about resource boards connected to the interface boards with a SCbus or CTbus?

The biggie are MSI boards which provide interfaces to telephone handsets which is what is needed for a call center, call store, or even a general office. These don't do call processing like a network board, but talk to the network board thru timeslots on the SCbus. These are needed for any sort of a pbx type setup or a call center.

Another question is, what replaced them? MSI boards are only ISA. What newer Dialogic board is for connecting handsets and does VG support that?

There are others, such as the DCB conferencing boards.

There is a message from 2004 from someone asking if they can connect a DCB320 to a analog line. You say, "only the listed boards." Well that guy was clueless as that board has no network interfaces, it is a conferencing resource board only. It would hardly do anyone any good with one or two analog lines.

There are still other boards. Having a list a resource boards or some explanation of which ones would work with VG I would think is critical.

All Resource boards are supported. In the Config file you just specify which resources you want to be used with which network interfaces, and you are free to select a resource which is on the resource card if that’s what you desire.

Here is the current range of station interface cards:

http://www.dialogic.com/products/tdm_board...ing/default.htm

But internally in a call center environment you may want to look at using VoIP to connect to agents as well.

What are the specific requirements of what you want to deploy?

I am doing a system with about 20 different applications, but there are 4 big ones. They will all be on one platform using DID to determine the application to launch. That way, all lines will be available for all the apps, as each will have peak demands at different times of the day.

VOIP is part of the plan. If I was doing a pure call center I would probably use Asterisk and voip phones and that is being worked into the plan too. Asterisk, for anyone reading this who does not know, is an open source Linux based PBX. You can use IP phones or even buy boards (Dialogic note: $30 for two lines) and plug regular telephones into them or telephone lines. Asterisk is free. But like everything in the telecom world, there is no free lunch, at least not past the first course. Asterisk is command line driven. Third parties have done graphic front ends like "PBX in a Box." The free version lets you do 8 devices. That means like two lines and 6 telephones. After that you start paying. Want to do a call center, you are really paying then. Learning VG I figure is much easier than learning C++. Later on when I am making money I will hire someone to do that part.

There are multiple purposes for MSI boards. First, the voice mail system will be colocated with a very new concept cybercafe, media center. There are also some old concepts newly retooled. There will be booths where people can access the voice mail system. They can also make long distance calls i.e. a call store. In addition, I am doing a personal ad/chat system. The MSI boards will do a loop of 3000 feet. I am leasing alarm circuits and putting telephones in clubs and various other businesses for access to the personal ad/chat system. Due to the fact that everything important is along one street 1.3 miles long (the entire island is 2 x 5 miles) , this should work just fine. Yes I know that 70 percent of the population has mobile phones, but I have reasons for doing these phones and I think they will work out just fine. The alarm circuits are cheap. I can get loop boosters for $200 and go to 30,000 feet if I like. This is cheaper than any other approach and certainly cheaper than becoming a CLEC.

I may also become a call center down the road doing live foreign language translations for the hospitality industry.

After I prove out the concept I plan to expand this to about 12 major and some minor cities around the world for a total of about 1,000-3,000 ports.

There are many places where the telephone system is really bad, it takes weeks or months to get a telephone line, and so forth. Some places you have to wait months or years even to get a telephone number. In Costa Rica you can't even get a telephone number unless you are a citizen or legal resident. (Of course CR corporations are citizens.) There has been a recent legal decision though that should open up that market.

Thus, mobile telephones have really taken off and these make up a major part of the telecom infrastructure. In those cases I am colocating with or very near to the cell phone company switches and directly connecting to them. I have been all over the world exploring these ideas from Costa Rica to Ukraine.

Of course, this is all going to take awhile and I will have lots of future questions.

Sounds like you need to use the line interface cards then.

VoiceGuide can start a script when a handset attached to line interface card is picked up. This script can connect caller to outside line if desired (usually after user presses"0") or run any other script.

Would recommend to use the HDSI range of stations cards your systems, the current HDSI station interface cards can support up to 120 stations per PCI slot.

All those ports will be in lots of different boxes so density is not an issue now. I have been buying up Dialogic cards for years, mostly ISA but some PCI. I have multiple industrial servers with 19 slot (ISA & PCI) backplanes. I have bought redundant power supplies by the case. I have telecom frames and racks in storage and other stuff you wouldn't believe. I have several Dialogic Promptmaster phones. I have a complete recording studio set up for the audio production.