VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Cli Change Number Of Rings Before Answering

I am trying to use CLI, from reading some of the threads it appears I need to change the "ring before answering option" from the default 1 to 2

Where can I locate this file and what section do I need to change?

The Number of Rings is set in Config.xml file. It is located in VoiceGuide's \config\ subdirectory.

I have changed the config file, now answering on 2 rings.

When I run my scriot and check the log file $RV_CIDNUMBER is blank, to check that the phone company has CLI enabled I connected a phone with a display and rang the line, I was able to see the number i was ringing from displayed on the screen.

Is there anyother files that I may need to change? should I increase the number of rings to 3?

Thanks

Looks like the Dialogic card is not detecting the CallerID.

Which Telco is supplying theses lines? Can you ask them in what format the CallerID is encoded on the lines?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

The Telco is British Telecom (BT), I have asked for the encoding information, am awaiting their reply.

The version of Voiceguide I am running is V7.0.3068.31216

Which version of Dialogic System Release drivers are installed on this system?

What is the Dialogic card that is used?

Can you please post the VoiceGuide "ktTel" trace showing system startup and incoming call.

The Dialogic system release is Dialogic 5.1.1 SU144

The Dialogic Card is a D/41E PCI.

I have attached the kt-Tel file as requested, I have set the ring before answer setting in the config.xml to 2 and then 3 but no joy.

0805_ktTel.txt

It's possible that this old card (D/41E PCI) cannot detect the type of CallerID sent by your telephone company.

The card should be capable of receiving CLI.

From the Dialogic Data Sheet

"International Caller ID capability via on-hook audio path. supports Bellcore Class, UK CLI, and other International protocols.

From the k-tel log I sent you the phone number can be seen at line 140832 343 4012 001

Looking at the trace we can see that you are currently using and old v7.0.4 of VoiceGuide. Please update to the latest version available from our WWW and if you still have issues with the CallerID with the new version then please post the ktTel and vgEngine traces from the current version.