VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

This Message May Be Recorded..

Hi,

We currently like to record our phone calls. Our process is simple, calls come in- we dialout and Conf Monitored, with the "Immediately After Dialing" option selected. Our callers like hearing the phone ring on the other end or the phone try. In this configuration they do not hear the On-hold sound file. What is the best way to play an on-hold message and then bridge the calls. Some of our people have phone tree's so the option to "Press 1" to accept this call does not work. We are using Vg 7.

Many thanks,

Paul

If your callers want to hear the entire call progress with ringback etc then you should play any sound files before performing the transfer. Otherwise if you play the on-hold sound file then they will not be hearing what is happening on the outbound leg of the call.

Thank you. I have traded many emails with Adam in the past and I think he was trying to make it complicated. This worked perfectly.

I think previously we were looking at using the transfer module's "On Hold' sound file, whereas it looks like just playing a sound file in Play module before the transfer module is reached is a better solution here.