VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Cannot Dial Out

Recently downloaded version 7.0.6 demo and use a Dialogic D4PCIUF.

Using the downloaded Dialogic Demos, for example, Ansmt, I'm able to call into the system and it's answered by the Dialogic card.

When I load phone #s in the Number Loader I view the Line Status Monitor and the status for the line (I'm only using Line 2 while testing) is "Waiting for a call..."

I've made sure to indicate on the List Loader to use only line 2, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

When I dial the number attached to this line, while viewing the Status Monitor, I can see the status change to "Line Ringing..." but nothing picks up.

So my questions:

1. How can I successfully make a test call OUTBOUND?

2. How can I turn on voicemail?

Let me know which logs would help you figure out these questions and I'll be happy to post.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the sysem startup and the attampted calls, this will allow us to see what happened.

Trace files are created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Could you please do the following:

1. stop VoiceGuide

2. delete all log files from the \log\ subdirectory.

3. start VoiceGuide

4. load some outgoing calls which do not try to restrict on which lines the calls are to go out on.

5. make some incoming calls.

6. load some more calls, this time with the line selections set.

6. .ZIP up all of the traces in \log\ subdirectory and post them here.

The traces show that the incoming calls only ring once. Is that what you can see when you attach those phone lines to a normal telephone handset?

- After I restarded VG and deleted all of the log files, I received two calls I'd previously loaded.

- Then I called the line and the credit card payment script ran. That's a good sign, although I do not know how that was loaded and don't know where to edit what script runs when the line is answered?

- I loaded another call this time limiting the line. No calls on my cell.

- As for your question on number of rings, previously, I called in and the line would ring indefinitely and it would show that in the line status screen. If I plug in a phone to that line, it'll also ring indefinitely and can answer the phone.

-I'm having a hard time seeing which call on the list loader is supposed to go next. is it possible to clear this list, how so?

- Is there a simple way of viewing logs of outgoing calls' outcome?

Thanks

0731_0915_vgEngine.zip

Hello, has Support had a chance to look over the last logs posted?

I'd really appreciate some help with this so we can purchase the system. Before we do, of course, I need to make sure that it works.

Thanks.

I do not know how that was loaded and don't know where to edit what script runs when the line is answered?

See the Config.xml file in VoiceGuide's \config\ subdirectory.

is it possible to clear this list, how so?

You can issue a SQL command:

DELETE FROM CallQue

In the text box below the CallQue table contents list.

But in your case its probably best to just stop VG and delete the file OutDialQue.vdb3 in VG's \data\ subdirectory. Then restart VG.

Can we have a look at this system using ww.logmein.com or VNC or simlar? (please send login details to wupport@voiceguide.com if yes).

At this stage we'd recommend deleting the OutDialQue.vdb3 file, then just attach the telephone line to the first port on the card (or all ports if you have 4 lines) and then loading some calls (one at time) without selecting the ports to dial out on and observe operation. Once you confirm that the unrestricted ports outdialing is making calls as expected then try loading calls with the port selection specified at call load time. This way you should better see system operation and be able to better track down at which stage or after using what setting the problem occurs on your system.

When specifying the port to use on outgoing calls please do this:

When using the port number or device name make sure there is a leading and trailing comma around the port/device (or the list of ports/devices).

eg. if you want to specify port 2 then have the line selection specified like this:

When using device name use commas as well. eg:

,dxxxB1C2,

I stopped VG, deleted the OutDialQue.vdb3, connected line 1 only, then restarted and made an incoming call. On the line status, it just shows "Ring 1" on line 1 and nothing else. Even after hanging up on the phone making the call. Ring 1 only goes away if I restart VG and Line Status Monitor.

I loaded 1 phone number without specifying the line. On the Status Monitor, it shows "Dialing 1xxxxxx9756" (my number) and just stays there, without actually making the call.

This is becoming very frustrating.

As for logging into our system, that's fine with me. I don't have any of those web remote accounts, but if you do, let me know which one and how to connect.

Thanks.

Ok, so I had to not just stop and start VG but to actually CLOSE the monitor and restart.

That seems to allow calls without specifying lines.

I'll try making a call by specifying a line and see what happens.

As for the voicemail, how do I set it up to pick up when someone calls?

I just tried to add a number specifying a line like you mentioned before: ,1,

It doesn't work.

I stopped VG, closed it, and started the program. The calls do not go out still.

From the VoiceGuide machine go to www.logmein.com and there you can easily setup for the system to be remotely accessible. Then please email the login details along with a link to this thread to support@voiceguide.com

Also in email please advise what number can be called to send a call to the VoiceGuide machine so that we can make a test call to it.

Can we setup a time on Monday when you can dial in. I'd like to observe what you're doing on the server. Let me know what times you'll be available and I'll email the login information.

Please send email to support@voiceguide.com (along with a link to this thread) to arrange this.

Hello, I sent an email to support@voiceguide.com on Monday 8/11 and have received no response.

Maybe the message got deleted by the spam filter.

Please send email again and this time just use "VOICEGUIDE" for the email title.