VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Weird Disconnect Tone

I've been having difficulty configuring the board with a new disconnect tone. Would you be able to look at this and tell me the frequencies? I am now using the Dialogic D/4JCT also. Also, where do I specify the frequencies: in tsf file and also in the configline.xml file? And, in DCM, do I turn "on" the parameters for tone file support and disconnect tone support?

The attached wav file is recorded when I take the phone off the hook, then there is the dialtone, then silence, then the disconnect tone.

Thanks

EricGuest

lineonedisconnect.wav

Sounds like there is something wrong with that line as there is constant buzzing on the line at times when you would expect silence.

The disconnect tone is just a loud white noise but maybe that’s due to the buzzing/distortion on the line in general. Still the cadence is pretty clear - 100ms ON and then 100ms OFF, so you could try something like this:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Our Disconnect Tone</Notes>

<ID>DISCONNECT_2</ID>

<Freq1>800</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>400</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>0</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>0</Freq2Dev>

<On>10</On>

<OnDev>5</OnDev>

<Off>10</Off>

<OffDev>5</OffDev>

<Count>3</Count>

</Tone>

Also, where do I specify the frequencies: in tsf file and also in the configline.xml file? And, in DCM, do I turn "on" the parameters for tone file support and disconnect tone support?...

I use v 6.0.3379 .

------

Thank for looking at the .wav file of the disconnect tone. I'll try this and see if I'll get the disconnect at the right time. [ I think the background noise is a mix of electronic noise from the device I hooked up to record in-line/wire direct (vs through air) from phone to the computer sound card , as well as from the older handset itself. ]

EricGuest

Is that 400ms or 4000ms for Freq1Dev ?

-----

Also, where do I specify the frequencies: in tsf file and also in the configline.xml file? And, in DCM, do I turn "on" the parameters for tone file support and disconnect tone support?...

I use v 6.0.3379 .

------

Thank for looking at the .wav file of the disconnect tone. I'll try this and see if I'll get the disconnect at the right time. [ I think the background noise is a mix of electronic noise from the device I hooked up to record in-line/wire direct (vs through air) from phone to the computer sound card , as well as from the older handset itself. ]

EricGuest

Correct my last question: did you mean 40Hz or 400Hz? The reason is that I'm surprised how high this value is . Even PBXpert goes to max 210. How can therefore edit this into the tsf file? Which brings me to ask the questions below:

I use v 6.0.3379 .

------

EricGuest

Correct my last question: did you mean 40Hz or 400Hz?

400. Lets try making the range quite large and see what happens. You can experiment with using 200Hz and see it makes any difference.

Don't use the .tspf file. The example provided is meant to be used in ConfigLine.xml file.

And, in DCM, do I turn "on" the parameters for t one file support and disconnect tone support?...

No. All you need to do is configure the ConfigLine.xml file.

Hello, I was able to get a cleaner recording of the disconnect tone, and I used the following settings in ConfigLine.xml :

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>1000</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>400</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>2300</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>400</Freq2Dev>

<On>10</On>

<OnDev>5</OnDev>

<Off>10</Off>

<OffDev>5</OffDev>

<Count>3</Count>

</Tone>

In DCM I turned OFF: Tone File Support and also Disconnect Tone .

I did an outbound test call to myself, and I hung up the receiving handset at around 20 seconds into the recording. However, the system still kept on playing the announcement, well into the sounds series of disconnect tones. It only disconnected when it went into the Hang Up module which I had specified as timeout path after the play event (no replays).

Next I did the same test call to myself, put down the handset at around 20 seconds. Then, seeing that the system still did not disconnect, I waited around 10 more seconds until I physically unplugged the phone cord to force a loop current drop. This worked to cause VoiceGuide to disconnect and go back to waiting status.

By the way, this was the same result when I used the previous disconnect tone frequency settings that Voiceguide Support gave earlier: no disconnect until a forced hard disconnect (via loop current drop).

I attach in .zip format the log files and also the .wav sound file of the cleaner disconnect tone series.

Please advise.

Thanks for your help.

EricGuest

EricGuest_NoDisconnect.zip

The tone is still not comprised of distinct frequencies.

You should probably speak to the Telco about it to get them to fix this, or ask the Telco to do a loop current drop on the line at end of call.