VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Callerid

I have a dialogic D.4PCIU and VG 7 installed on a server. I am not getting callerid to show up although if I take a plain old phone with caller id feature and hook it one of the inbound telephone lines and call that line I get caller id on the phone. What can I provide you to assist me in finding out why no caller id? As always your assistance is appreciated. VGEngin 7.0.3068.31216, I have attached the current ktel log.

0711_ktTel.zip

Try answering the call after the second Ring. Right now VoiceGuide is set to answer the call immediately after the 1st Ring arrives, and the CallerID information is usually sent after the first Ring and before the second Ring.

I did set it up for two rings but, after getting callerid on a couple of calls, VG then hung and wouldn't answer any more calls, when I restarted the computer and vg it wouldn't answer after ring 1 and would stop the service by itself and restart the service (we have it set to restart on failure). This caused me to go back to one ring. With my other VG installs they are all 6 or lower and I crreated the service using the WIN tools, I have not had these sorts of issues. Your thoughts on what I might try next are appreciated as my customer is complaining to me about reliabiltiy.

So looks like on this system the problem is occurring at the time when the CallerID is read in.

Please update this system to the latest v7.0.6 available now form our WWW and then make a few calls with system answering after 2 or more rings. Then when the error occurs please post the traces here and we can then see what is happening.