VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg7 Events Interface

Hello: I am trying to capture events with v7. I have looked at the example "Demo_vgService" in C# but I need my app to be in VB.NET. I have translated the code to the best of my knowledge and am unable to receive events (none of my debug writes hit). I have included my code below. I'm sure there is just something simple that I am missing. Can you please help?

Public Class frmLineAlive

Private Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32" (ByVal lpMilliseconds As Integer)

Private WithEvents mobjVoiceGuide As New vgServices.VoiceGuide_CommandLink

Public Delegate Sub EventView_AddEntry_Delegate(ByVal iPort, ByVal sEvent, ByVal sData)

Public Sub EventView_AddEntry(ByVal iPort, ByVal sEvent, ByVal sData)

Debug.Print("Events Working")

End Sub

Public Sub Script(ByVal iPort, ByVal iCode, ByVal sCode, ByVal lParam1, ByVal lParam2, ByVal sParam1, ByVal sParam2, ByVal sEventXml)

Debug.Print("Script Working")

End Sub

Public Sub CallState(ByVal iPort, ByVal crn, ByVal iCode, ByVal sCode, ByVal lParam1, ByVal lParam2, ByVal sParam1, ByVal sParam2, ByVal sEventXml)

Debug.Print("CallState Working")

End Sub

Friend Sub RunProgram()

Dim i As Integer

'Subscribe to Events

mobjVoiceGuide.Events_Subscribe(1, "VG7_Test", "-1")

Do Until i = 12000 '20 minutes

mySleep(100)

If UCase(mobjVoiceGuide.Line_State(1)) = "IDLE" Then

Exit Do

End If

i = i + 1

Loop

'Program is complete

Call KillApp()

End Sub

Private Sub mySleep(ByVal plMilliseconds As Integer)

Dim lCount As Integer

For lCount = 1 To plMilliseconds Step 100

Sleep((100))

System.Windows.Forms.Application.DoEvents()

Next

End Sub

Public Shared Sub Main()

Dim loginForm As New frmLineAlive

loginForm.RunProgram()

Exit Sub

End Sub

Sub KillApp()

'Close the application

Application.Exit()

End Sub

End Class

When you used the provided "Demo_vgService" sample were you able to receive events?

Debugging 3rd party applications is beyond the scope of this Support Forum. If you'd like assistance in getting the "Demo_vgService" equivalent in VB.NET instead of C# please contact sales@voiceguide.com for a quote.

If you want for us to create a custom application to your requirements then yes there would be a charge involved.

Fair enough. However, I simply would like to know how to capture events with version 7. I have 32 lines currently running on version 6 and am in the process of procuring an additional 24 line server which will hopefully run VoiceGuide. I really would like to take advantage of the new features in version 7 such as the ability to run as a service and speech recognition. My current app is a .NET app which uses the VoiceGuide API to capture the events. Version 7 does not have the same event capturing capabilities (the API has changed considerably). I have been very happy with VoiceGuide and do not wish to change IVR software at this point. I really am just looking for a very simple demonstration of how to catch these events. I'm sure there are others who are also interested in this. Please let me know what you can do.

Thanks

Please send and email to sales@voiceguide.com advising them what you require. You can mention in your email that you will be upgrading your current system and deploying another one as well.