VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Determing Voice Resources

I realize VG is about software but still, you folks must know alot about the hardware too. There is alot of things about Dialogic boards that there is no easy way to find answers for. Hopefully you can help with these few things.

I have read some things that recommend more voice resources (even 50 percent more) than you have telephone interfaces for.

Dialogic also has some boards that have more voice resources than telco ports. I just purchased one that has 8 voice channels but 4 analog telco connections. Also some the other way around.

Why, or what is the point, or how would you use more voice resources/channels than you have telco interfaces?

Secondly, I have some D/240SC 2T1 boards which have 24 voice channels but also have 2 T1 interfaces. These boards also do drop and insert. Is this something VG supports?

Third, can I have a SC240 board (which has no network interfaces) provide the other 24 channels for a second T1 on the D/240SC 2T1 board? Yes, all the boards including my D41esc boards will be connected together with a Scbus cable.

And lastly, I plan a VERY highly redundant voice mail system. Is there any reason I couldn't use a set SCX160 cards with VG? (I have two industrial computers I would like to extend the SCbus between.) Bet you haven't had that question.

Dialogic also has some boards that have more voice resources than telco ports. I just purchased one that has 8 voice channels but 4 analog telco connections. Also some the other way around.

Why, or what is the point, or how would you use more voice resources/channels than you have telco interfaces?

Perhaps to be able to play and record at the same time? But to do this right you need a Speech Recognition capable card - which can do 'echo cancellation' on record.

You may be able to use the ISA cards you mention, but we have not tested the current versions of VoiceGuide with them. You can only try and see if they work.