VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vb Script Not Advance

The script starts well, the first module is reproduced OK, but when it he comes to the second module (ConnectDB), does not advance further. Not that more to try in order that it works.

Files.zip

Please, I need that they help me with this, have many problems with this system and am staying very badly with my client. Wav files that are not, VBScripts that are united and advance. Everything is very confused.

Files.zip

Looks like you have resolved the problem you mention in the first post, as we can see in the second post that the [ConnectDB] module now runs fine.

(can you tell us what was you needed to do with the [ConnectDB] module to fix the issue?)

Please describe in detail what is the actual problem that you are now encountering? We could not see anything standing out in the traces supplied.

Looks like you have resolved the problem you mention in the first post, as we can see in the second post that the [ConnectDB] module now runs fine.

(can you tell us what was you needed to do with the [ConnectDB] module to fix the issue?)

Please describe in detail what is the actual problem that you are now encountering? We could not see anything standing out in the traces supplied.

Actually I did not do anything to solve the problem, only that sometimes works and sometimes not. In today I me do not work more, they sending a log file with the result of the execution where it appreciates this.

Look at this lines

175413.234 4 3 tqScr enq cmd_ScriptEventCode

175413.234 6 3 tqScr run cmd_ScriptEventCode EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE, iActionID=0, crn=0[0|0|0|0|0][|||||]

175413.234 6 3 ScriptEvent EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE ||

175413.234 6 3 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE lCode2Str=EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

175413.250 6 3 Process.HasExited is false (awaiting COM function call from the started process) handle=6168, id=1020, StartTime=6/30/2008 5:54:12 PM

175413.250 6 3 .ExitTime returned error.

175413.250 6 3 LsRunWaitTillFinished: process still running

175413.250 6 3 t set 1 EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

175414.328 4 3 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

Why this mistake happens, it does not advance more the script.

0630_1753_vgEngine.txt

Do you maybe have some anti-virus installed on the system that prevents the running of VBScripts?

If the same script sometimes works and sometimes does not then there has to be something different on the system that results in the script being allowed to run one time and not the other time...

Do you maybe have some anti-virus installed on the system that prevents the running of VBScripts?

If the same script sometimes works and sometimes does not then there has to be something different on the system that results in the script being allowed to run one time and not the other time...

I do not have anything anti-virus, not firewall, not anti-spyware installed in any of my equipments.

And from today the script already I do not work more, even ever, begins but does not exit.

Please, that wants to say this mistake that one sees in the log file?

The VBScript ran fine on our test system.

Next time you have a problem with the VBScript have a look at the .vbs file that that Run VBScript module created - the name of the .vbs file will be visible in the vgEngine trace. I'll highlight the name in the trace captured from our test call so you know where to find it (see bottom of post).

When you know in which filename the 'Run VBScript' module saved the VBScript then just try runing that file again by double clicking on it and see if any error messages appear when you run the program manually like this.

You can also .ZIP up and post the .vbs file here (along with the vgEngine trace).

Here is a trace from our test, which was fine:

114014.765 3 1 state [ConnectDB] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

114014.765 3 1 rv replace start:

----------

SQLConnSTR = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Cooperativas;Data Source=SERVER"

DB = "Cooperativas"

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID,"SQLConnStr",SQLConnSTR

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID,"DB",DB

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "success"

Set vg = Nothing

----------

114014.765 3 1 rvns: [PathSysVoice]{C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\system\voice\}[PathApp]{C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\}[PathDataVm]{C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\data\}[PathVgSys]{C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\system\}[scriptPath]{C:\Customers\Diego\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Customers\Diego\}[$RV_STARTTIME]{2008-07-01 11:40:11}[$RV_DEVICEID]{1}[DlgcVoice]{dxxxB1C1}[DlgcNetwork]{dxxxB1C1}[$RV_CIDNAME]{}[PathApp]{C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Customers\Diego\}[$RV_CIDNUMBER]{}

114014.765 3 1 script will be ran from file: C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\temp\vbs_1_1.vbs

114014.843 3 1 current objVbsOrExeProcess=

114014.843 3 1 RunVBScriptFile [wscript][C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\temp\vbs_1_1.vbs][] timeout=60 (vbsPath=C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\temp), start (new Process)

114014.843 3 1 objVbsOrExeProcess.Start call

114014.874 3 1 RunVBScriptFile just started. Handle=12000, Id=5720, StartTime=1/07/2008 11:40:14 AM, HasExited=False

114014.874 3 1 VBScript started [C:\ProjectsVgNet\bin\temp\vbs_1_1.vbs], ProcessHandle=[12000], VbsOrExeProcess.WorkingSet=[77824]

114014.874 3 1 RunModule_Script_AfterScriptStarted start

114014.874 3 1 waiting. iRunWait=1 (process:12000)

114014.874 3 1 t set 1 EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

114015.265 9 remoting link constructor activated: vgServices_CommandLink

114015.280 9 1 rem RvSet SQLConnStr, Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Cooperativas;Data Source=SERVER

114015.280 9 1 rv add [sqlConnStr]{Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Cooperativas;Data Source=SERVER}

114015.280 9 1 rem RvSet DB, Cooperativas

114015.280 9 1 rv add [DB]{Cooperativas}

114015.280 9 1 rem Run_ResultReturn [success]

114015.280 9 1 rv add [ConnectDB_ResultReturn]{success}

114015.280 9 1 path {success} found (at offset 3)

114015.280 9 1 FindNextVgmTitleInPathList: next module title is=[GetCustID]

114015.280 9 1 module's runwait=1, WavPlayHasNowFinished=0, iRunWait_ExeResult_NextVgm=2

114015.280 9 1 t clear (force=False)

114015.280 9 1 RunModule start [Get Numbers,[GetCustID],2]

114015.280 9 1 state [GetCustID] Number Input

I understand what you say to me, but it is not what happens in my system, please check the log file that I they have sent.

I do to them a new test and they sending again the log file and the vbs.

This is my trace:

115642.062 6 3 FindNextVgmTitleInPathList: next module title is=[ConnectDB]

115642.062 6 3 t clear (force=False)

115642.062 6 3 RunModule start [Run VB Script,[ConnectDB],26]

115642.062 6 3 state [ConnectDB] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

115642.062 6 3 rv replace start:

----------

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

SQLConnSTR = "Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalog=Cooperativas;Data Source=SERVER"

DB = "Cooperativas"

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID,"SQLConnStr",SQLConnSTR

vg.RvSet $RV_LINEID,"DB",DB

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID,"success"

Set vg = Nothing

----------

115642.062 6 3 rvns: [PathSysVoice]{}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[PathDataVm]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\}[PathVgSys]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\}[scriptPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Cooperativas\Roosevelt\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Cooperativas\Roosevelt\}[$RV_STARTTIME]{2008-07-01 11:56:37}[$RV_DEVICEID]{3}[DlgcVoice]{dxxxB1C1}[DlgcNetwork]{iptB1T1}[$RV_DNIS]{GLCIVRDEMO@10.1.1.9}[DNIS]{GLCIVRDEMO@10.1.1.9}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\Cooperativas\Roosevelt\}[$RV_CIDNUMBER]{ClientePruebasIVR@sip.voipbuster.com:5060}

115642.062 6 3 script will be ran from file: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_3_1.vbs

115642.062 6 3 delete existing: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_3_1.vbs //My comment: what is it?

115642.078 6 3 current objVbsOrExeProcess=

115642.078 6 3 RunVBScriptFile [wscript][C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_3_1.vbs][] timeout=60 (vbsPath=C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp), start (new Process)

115642.109 6 3 RunVBScriptFile just started. Handle=6164, Id=1060, StartTime=7/1/2008 11:56:42 AM, HasExited=False

115642.109 6 3 VBScript started [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_3_1.vbs], ProcessHandle=[6164], VbsOrExeProcess.WorkingSet=[1777664]

115642.125 6 3 RunModule_Script_AfterScriptStarted start

115642.125 6 3 waiting. iRunWait=1 (process:6164)

115642.125 6 3 t set 1 EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

115643.203 20 3 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

115643.203 20 3 tqScr enq cmd_ScriptEventCode

115643.203 6 3 tqScr run cmd_ScriptEventCode EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE, iActionID=0, crn=0[0|0|0|0|0][|||||]

115643.203 6 3 ScriptEvent EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE ||

115643.218 6 3 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE lCode2Str=EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

115643.218 6 3 Process.HasExited is false (awaiting COM function call from the started process) handle=6164, id=1060, StartTime=7/1/2008 11:56:42 AM

115643.234 6 3 .ExitTime returned error.

Files.zip

I Forget something, when I do double click on the file .vbs, I have the following mistake (see the .jpg file).

post-2905-1214927804_thumb.jpg

The screenshot of error suggests there is some problem on line 2 of the script.

Can you .ZIP up the .vbs file and post it here please.

The trace posted shows that line 2 is blank, but the error is reported on line 2 when running the script so that suggests to me that the .vbs file has something on line 2.

The screenshot of error suggests there is some problem on line 2 of the script.

Can you .ZIP up the .vbs file and post it here please.

The trace posted shows that line 2 is blank, but the error is reported on line 2 when running the script so that suggests to me that the .vbs file has something on line 2.

Gentlemen, already I they have sent in my previous post the .vbs. Please, I need seriousness to solve this problem that I do not find solution. Check well the information that I they have sent, I cannot be losing so much time. My client has the stopped system 4 days ago. If this persists I am going to have to buy in another product from now on. I send them again, for what one sees, the second line is not blank, is "set vg = CreateObject (" vgServices. CommandLink ")". This has generated a great problem of confidence with my client, who has a potential of purchase of 20 IVR.

vbs_3_1.zip

Try restarting VoiceGuide and then just running (just double click on it) the Admin_TraceLogAdd.vbs file from C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\vbs COM interface samples\Admin_TraceLogAdd.vbs

Do you get an error message or does the .VBS file execute fine?

Was the VoiceGuide service running when you double clicked on the C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_3_1.vbs file and got the "error on line 2" message?

Is the problem with the VBScripts really intermittent? Or does it just start after the program has been running for a while?

In the meantime as a workaround you can use the Evaluate Expression modules to assign values to $RVs, instead of assigning them from within the VBScript module, or just specify the database name and connect string directly in the DBQuery module, without using any $RVs at all.

Do you get an error message or does the .VBS file execute fine?

Yes, the same error message in line 1, char 1.

Was the VoiceGuide service running when you double clicked on the C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_3_1.vbs file and got the "error on line 2" message?

Yes, the service is always running.

Is the problem with the VBScripts really intermittent? Or does it just start after the program has been running for a while?

The problem is present at any time. At start the program, or after the program has been running for a while?

In the meantime as a workaround you can use the Evaluate Expression modules to assign values to $RVs, instead of assigning them from within the VBScript module, or just specify the database name and connect string directly in the DBQuery module, without using any $RVs at all.

I know, But it is not a problem of this vbs anything, i passed this example to them because it is the first one and the more simple of understanding.

The problem is in almost all the VBS modules, they begin ok but do not manage to go out.

I can't specify the database name and connect string directly in the DBQuery module without $RVs. The application is very big and very complex, has many modules DBQuery (near 60), and for treating itself about a phone banking application they move the server of database 1 time a month for safety reasons. I cannot change all modules.

Yesterday I was investigating and debugging some vbs with Visual Studio, i see that the object Vgservices.CommandLink is not created in the statement

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink").

Then I reinstalled VG 7.0.6 and the vbs began to work well. I ask them to check the compilation of the file installer VoiceGuide_7.X.X.exe for possible mistakes in the process of registration of dll's. The system was running well in VG 7.0.5, but for another problem that I had, you they requested me to do an update to this version. From this update I began to have problems.

For the present time it is working.

Thanks

OK, so sounds like re-installing VoiceGuide has resolved the issue and things are working fine now, correct?

From the description you just gave it sounds like you had the old vgServices.dll file on the system - a version from the older v7.0.5, instead of the right one that is installed by 7.0.6

Maybe another program was using vgServices.dll when the upgrade was made(?). If another application as using vgServices.dll when the upgrade tl v7.06 was made then the vgServices.dll would not have been updated as it would have been 'locked' by the application that was using it.

It could have some vbscript without finishing (in the task manager) while the uninstall and on having reinstalled, the .dll do not update correctly. It will inform them if I have more innovations.

Thanks