VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Outgoing Calls / Access In V7

Hi

Can I use Access like in V6 for outgpoing calls?

If yes please let me know how I can do

Tkx

MH

Yes, you can setup any database (including Access) as the external OutDial queue source. For information on how to setup external OutDial queue sources please see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ialque_odbc.htm

I'm a bit confused with the vistaDB.
Example, in VG6 I use Query database modules to write in the outdialQue.mdb, can I still use this module with the outdialQue.vdb3 ? how ?

tkx
MH

The calls into the outdialQue.vdb3 need to be loaded using the "Send Phone Message" module, or by using the Dialer_OutDialQueAdd COM command: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tdialqueadd.htm

At this stage you cannot directly access outdialQue.vdb3 from within a Database Query module, but we may add this in the future. (at this stage contact sales@voiceguide.com if you require this option)

VistaDB does not support ODBC.

If you want to have better control over the OutDial database then you have the option to setup and external OutDial db: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ialque_odbc.htm

Hi I'm trying to use a MS access but when I'm uploading outdialing entries, I dont see them in the MS access db.

Pease find the vg.ini and the log files

tks for your help

log.zip

Best thing to do would be to update to the v7.0.7 pre-release:

[old link removed]

After update please read the Help file in the new versions. Dialer database structures has changed in these new versions.

Why are you using MS Access as the external database source? A good choice is the free SQL Server 2008 Express.

It does not seem to be creating the tables. Here is my dialer section

<Dialer>

<Notes>

VistaDB.NET20:

Data Source='" + sDbOutDialQue_Fname + "';Open Mode=NonexclusiveReadWrite

Data Source='" + sDbFileName + "'"; //; LCID=1033; Password=\"s$;2'!dS64\"; Encrypt = TRUE;

MySQL:

Prefix: SELECT

Suffix: LIMIT 1

ODBC connect string:

{MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver};Server=10.1.1.8;Port=3306;Database=OutDialQue;User=voiceguide;Password=v

iceguide;Option=3;

</Notes>

<OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>sqloledb</OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider>

<OutDialQue_Database>OutDialQue</OutDialQue_Database>

<OutDialQue_ConnectString>Driver={SQL Native Client};Server=rmsupmsql002\TEST,2222;Database=OutDialQue;Uid=ivruser;Pwd=Kpivr123;</OutDialQue_ConnectString>

<OutDialQue_SqlPrefix></OutDialQue_SqlPrefix>

<OutDialQue_SqlSuffix></OutDialQue_SqlSuffix>

</Dialer>

am i missing something??

I think for MSAccess the OutDialQue_ADODB_Provider should be: System.Data.OleDb

Also your connection string is wrong...

Was jus advised that with these pre-release v7.0.7 versions when the database is first created by VoiceGuide service it cannot be accessed by other programs immediately as it was created in read-only mode. Restarting the VoiceGuide service opens the now existing database in shared mode so you can now load calls into it using the Telephone Number Loader etc.

This will be fixed in next release but for now please just restart the VoiceGuide service after the first installation to enable the outbound calls being loaded into it.

Hi

Sorry but I'm a bit fonfused on this topic . for a basic use of outdialing feature that I would like to monitor using a web interce to manage the outdialing calls from ma web site.

- add entries

- monpories results

- multi-account access

what external db do you advise for that Mysql? MS SQL 2008 Express?

Thanks for your help.

MH

Hi,

If you want a Web Site to be able to access the information, using a robust database like MSSQL or MYSQL would be best. I would not put the web pages on the voiceguide box if you can avoid it. We use MSSQL and find that it works very well in this manor.

Paul

Hi Paul, thank you for post.

"I would not put the web pages on the voiceguide box if you can avoid it", do you mean not put the web server on the same vg server ?

Tkx

Mz

Hi,

We have VoiceGuide and our sql/web servers on different boxes. My voiceguide boxes (we have 2 VG Servers) is not accessible via the web for security reasons. While we run VG on windows2003 server edition, I have read that this is not necessary.

Paul

Thank you Paul,

I'm going a use Msql ans you have advised. I have checke in the V7 version seems that connextion rules have changes (via config.xml fil now).

If have I have some more questions would be so kind to help me ?

Tkx

MZ

Hi,

We use MSSQL not MySQL.... So we do not have the problem.

Paul