VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Netcomm Roadster & D/4pci

Hi VG,

I have two questions - firstly, I have a Netcomm Roadster II 56 Ultra PnP (AM5692) but the drivers that came with the modem (and the latest version I downloaded from www.netcomm.com.au) do not work (no Wave drivers etc.). I assume this modem works well with your software as it is the one shown in your screen shot (see below):

wndVgRunWaiting.gif

I have read this and also a number of other IVR FAQ sections and support forums and have gathered that I may need specific drivers for this modem that are not shipped with the product, nor available from the Netcomm website. Could you please advise what drivers you used to get this modem to work and where I could get them from? I am running Windows 2000 (and can build a Windows 98 box if required). I want to develop a proof of concept before purchasing further telephone specific hardware.

My second question relates to this specific hardware - and is that I have been told by a reputable source in Australia that the Dialogic D/4PCI card will not allow external call transfers (i.e. an external caller calls the D/4PCI operating with VG and by selecting a specific menu option (e.g. Option 1) the caller is transferred to an external number) if I just have standard analog lines connected to the D/4PCI (i.e. I don't have a PBX). The same source also told me my only option was to purchase a Dialogic D41JCT-LS as this has an on-card mini PBX that could carry out the transfer on the board. Could you please confirm that these statements are correct (from reading the posts on this forum I gather there is a way to use the 3-way call conferencing capabilities to in effect create a call transfer - can this be done using a D/4PCI on Australian standard analog lines?).

I'm attaching the drivers for AM5692 which I found on our system here. The seem to include the wave drivers for the modem. Drivers are not for Win2000 - you will need to use them under Win98/ME.

I was told that the sound quality of the AM5692 is very poor.

Maybe that is why NetComm's current drivers do not even bother with installing the wave driver component...

> Dialogic D/4PCI card & external call transfers.

D4PCI can do a hookflash (all cards can do a hookflash) - so you can perform a 3 way conference call on Telstra lines (and we have other customers in Australia doing this..)

Australian Telstra lines do not support a hookflash call transfer - that is why you need to do a 3 way conference (as you mention towards end of your post). In most other countries telephone company allows you to perform a hookflash call transfer - and then the IVR line is freed to accept more calls.

D41JCT-LS allows you to connect two calls on two of that card's lines together - and this simplifies the setup of a call transfer by allowing VoiceGuide to just make a call on another line - and then just connect two lines together. This is easier as you do not need to rely on setting correct hookflash lengths to make the 3-way conference call function - setting hookflash lengths seems to be a problem on some systems... there are a number of posts on this forum detailing the problems other users have gone through before they were finally able to set up their system properly...

If you can buy the D41JCT-LS then I'd recommend you do - it gives you the flexibility to set up the call transfers without having to play around with hookflashes etc - makes the whole system a lot simpler - but each 'call transfer' will use a second line on your card for the outbound leg of the call.

NetComm5692.zip