VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Which Version To Use?

For purposes of building some applications in VoiceGuide I put together a system (on a budget at this point), but am not clear on what version of VoiceGuide I should use. I plan to upgrade the system prior to actually launching the voicemail system.

Here are the specifics:

Windows 2000 Professional. (I also have 2000 Server and Advanced Server but figure Prof. is less overhead.)

Dual PS Industrial Server w/6PCI and 12ISA slots

P4 CPU 2.0 Gig

512 Megs Ram (Soon 1 gig)

80 Gig IDE Boot drive

Dual 160 gig Sata drives in raid array. (Going to put the voice files and databases here.)

2 Dialogic D41/ESC cards

1 Dialogic D240SC 2T1 card

(Connected with SCBUS cable.)

Thank you.

You should use VoiceGuide v7.

You will need to use the older Dialogic SR5.x drivers, (and not the SR6.x drivers) but v7 can still work with the SR5.x drivers.

Thank you. Was not certain if I could use v.7 with W2K. I have the 5.x drivers on CD, so now off to install it all.

Was not certain if I could use v.7 with W2K.

Yes, You are correct. v7 cannot be used with Win2000 (Win2000 does not allow the latest .NET distributions).

If you must use Win2000 then you are limited to using VoiceGuide 6.

Recommend you install Win2003 or WinXP on this system in stead and use VoiceGuide v7.

(system requirements are listed at bottom of this page: http://www.voiceguide.com/suppRecomHardware.htm)

Will there be any problem upgrading? It is a money issue right now. I want to get started on some application development.

Later, when I upgrade W2K to XP or 2003 Server and also upgrade VG6 to VG7 will there be any issues with the applications I have written in Voice Guide, vbscripts or with Access databases that it will be reading and writing to? I also am planning on writing some applications in VB6 that VG will call.

Thanks again.

will there be any issues with the applications I have written in Voice Guide, vbscripts or with Access databases that it will be reading and writing to

All that works the same in v7. You will be able to use the script without any changes. The database connect string may change as v7 uses ADO.NET for DB connectivity, but the rest of the script remains the same.

I also am planning on writing some applications in VB6 that VG will call.

You will be able to call any .EXEs you write from v7 as well the same way.

Thanks for the information.

I would imagine though that you guys would rather support v.7 than v.6.

I have decided to bite the bullet and run my credit cards up some more and get XP Professional. I am also going to get Visual Studio .Net instead of VB6.

Decided it it best to use current software. W2K is end of life July 13, 2010 anyway and without Net 3.0 it will make the web stuff I want to do much more complicated now and later.

I am going to do some fairly complicated integration between VG and the web, and do some rather sophisticated database stuff. The full system will also do alot of VOIP. I better not try the extra cheap route I decided.

and without Net 3.0 it will make the web stuff I want to do much more complicated now and later.

VoiceGuide v7 also has WCF interfaces, which should make integration between VG and other Web Services or applications fairly straightforward.

The full system will also do alot of VOIP.

So I assume that you may be using the HMP later on - perhaps with some of the Thin Interface 'DNI' cards for any T1 interfacing.

and without Net 3.0 it will make the web stuff I want to do much more complicated now and later.

VoiceGuide v7 also has WCF interfaces, which should make integration between VG and other Web Services or applications fairly straightforward.

The full system will also do alot of VOIP.

So I assume that you may be using the HMP later on - perhaps with some of the Thin Interface 'DNI' cards for any T1 interfacing.

The full system will have some analog lines for special purposes, Dialogic Promptmaster phones in 3 ports, a T1 ISDN PRI with 23/24 DID Trucks, plus (hardware etc. undetermined at this point) at least 24 channels of VOIP. The VOIP will probably be coming in over a T1 if I can't do it with Comcast cable. There are other things involved but I am going to be using a router with 4 WAN ports- 2 cable or 1 T1 and 1 cable, 1 DSL, and 1 backup with my DirectWay satellite earth station. The satellite is not intended for the voice mail system of course. (This is all going to be run out of a cyber cafe, media center thing I am working on.)

One NEW QUESTION.

I was shopping for Windows XP and I have discovered that I actually can get Windows Vista Business for less money. Is Vista approved for VoiceGuide?

Sounds like you would basically just need a mix of T1 and Analog in this system (with VoIP coming in over a T1) so you do not need ot to use HMP drivers at all. (you cannot do analog on a HMP based system).

Is Vista approved for VoiceGuide?

No. You must use Win2003 or WinXP.