VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Using Dialogic Pro Line 2v On Windows Xp Pro

John wrote:

We have developed and have been using your VG product since 2002 as a simple single port IVR system on a Windows 98 based system w a Creative Blaster Voice modem.

As I said it is a simple application where a person calls into the IVR requesting test results, the caller enters a test reference number via the phone pad, the IVR then repeats the reference number back to the caller for verification and then queries a MS Access db using the reference number returning the test result obtained from the db back to the caller via voice reply.

The sytem has been working well over the passed 5+ years with a few complaints pertaining to dropped calls.

I have now began the process of upgrading the IVR system to a Windows XP Pro platform using a Dialogic Pro Line 2V modem.

Using the the Dialogic modem for our simple IVR application.... what version of your software would you recommend I purchase?

Some of the requirements I have for the new system will be:

1) I would like to take advantage of the 2 ports the DiALOGIC modem offers, 2) I will be accessing a MS Access DB, 3) I would like to enhance the IVR system to offer the caller an option to talk to a "Customer Service" rep (currently the script does not include that option) .

Please recommend what version of your s/w I now need to purchase and the price? Thank you.

Will the transfers to Customer Service rep be done using a hookflash type transfer, or where you thinking of dialing out on the second line and connecting the two calls together (ie: 'Dial and Conference' / Tromboned transfer)?

For a hookflash type transfer you would need to have the system attached to a PBX or your telephone lines must have a 'Centrex' type service enabled on them to allow you to do hookflash transfers on those lines.

The ProLine 2V card cannot do 'Dial and Conference' / Tromboned transfers. You would need to get a D/41JCT card to do these.

If you can do hookflash transfers then the "Professional" version of the software will be sufficient. If you need to do 'Dial and Conference' / Tromboned transfers the you will need to use the Professional+Dialer version of the software. For pricing please see: https://secure.voiceguide.com/order_vg.htm

With ProLine 2V you will need to use the old Dialogic SR5.1.1 drivers.

You should still be able to run VoiceGuide v7 on the systems which use the SR5.1.1 drivers.