VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Email Sender Error

When trying to send an email the following error message is popped up..

TITLE - VgEmailSender.

Runtime error 453

Can't find DLL entry point BMAPISendMail in MAPI32.DLL

Hope you can help - a use Eudora if this info helps

Matt

Looks like Eudora does not support 3rd party programs sending Email messages through it using Simple MAPI.

I'd recommend using MS Outlook (not Outlook Express - that does not support Simple MAPI either).

Can you just specify the IP address of the SMTP server instead of using MAPI?

unfortunatly i do not have OUTLOOK is there anyway around this other than direct with the server as cannot do this either as this machine is not connected to the internet.

I have outlook on another machine on the network - how could i get voiceguide to communicate with this machine if there is no other work around?

Thanks

Matt

Emails can be sent out using MAPI or by communicating directly with the SMTP server (primary and backup SMTP servers can be specified).

MAPI will only work if you have a MAPI capable client installed on the same machine as VoiceGuide. MAPI does not allow communication with client across the network.

Does VG support sending emails using SMTP servers that require Authentication? My SMTP does not allow relay without userid and password authentication.

Yes.

Please see our WWW from where you can download the fully working evaluation version of the software - in the "Send Email" module you can see the "Use Authentication" option with input boxes for the username and password to use.

I am getting this original DLL error also in every case, ie. specifying use of MAPI with Outlook 2003 (installed) or going through an SMTP Server. Nothing works.

Is this program not compatable with Outlook 2003 MAPI DLL?

This error should only appear if "MAPI" send method is selectd but MS Outlook (or Exchange) is not installed on the system.

If you are seeing this error while forwarding emails via SMTP then could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)