VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Music On Hold

Hello.

I would like to have simple script on one line which can replace stanard MOH from PABX.

In Siemens HiPath 3xxx we can configure one analogue port as External MOH but when I trie to call this port VG is hang up. When I set up this port as standard everything is OK. I can call this port and hear music but it is not I expect. PABX should call this port anytime and replace standard MOH to specify (in script) sound file.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek.

but when I trie to call this port VG is hang up.

Can you please provide traces capturing this call. We can then see why VG hung up. (Perhaps it timed out awaiting input from caller, so you need to setup the script so that it never times out?)

Hi,

Situation is freak because when I set up this port (in PBX) as External MOH I cannot call them and VG shows nothing.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek

Hi,

The clue is in PBX which set up Ext MOH determine to use external device or software as MOH. I past time we use some IVR aplication which did this functionality. Now we are using VG and we want to have the same functionality.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek

Does the PBX actually place the call to the port handled by VoiceGuide?

The PBX needs to make a call into the IVR. The VG/Dialogic can answer the call and play sound files etc.

Can you try attaching just a normal telephone handset to the MOH extension to confirm PBX operation?

Does the PBX actually place the call to the port handled by VoiceGuide?

JG: If set up is as Ext MOH, no. If standard, yes.

The PBX needs to make a call into the IVR. The VG/Dialogic can answer the call and play sound files etc.

It isn`t simple, PBX doesn`t make call itself to this port.

Can you try attaching just a normal telephone handset to the MOH extension to confirm PBX operation?

Yes, it is working. And this situation is needed from VG.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek

So does the PBX actually place the call to the port handled by VoiceGuide?

Can you please provide traces capturing this call. We can then see why VG hung up. (Perhaps it timed out awaiting input from caller, so you need to setup the script so that it never times out?)

Hi,

PBX doesn`t place the call to this port.

This time I dont have any logs because I had to get this computer to another client (without VG). This was an emergency situation.

I`ll back to this topic next month and let You know what happen.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek

If the PBX does not place a call to the port then should VoiceGuide be placing a call to the PBX? Or maybe just 'picking up the handset' and playing the messages?