VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Power Dialer

Hello, a few days a go, i make this questions to you, and now, i have new questions over same theme

DB Quest:

We are planning to bridge the calls to an operator once a customer answer the call. What we do not know is how do we have the agent “dialed in” , witch kind of script do we have to run on the port dedicated for that purpose?

VG Ans: (1)

Setup the system to run the Agent Login script for any incoming calls. The Agent Login script would update a database (or internal global $RVs) to indicate that this agent is now available. Outgoing script upon connection would select to which agent to connect the call to after checking which agents are currently available.

DB Quest:

If the Agents are to be connected to a PBX and dial the extension connected to the IVR port. What would be the easiest way to determine or identify witch operator is connected to witch port? We need to pass info via a pop-up to the operator so we need to have control of this.

VG Ans: (2)

The operator would enter their operator number when first dialing it. A database to which VG scripts refer to would need to be used to store details of what computer is assigned to each operator number.

DB Quest:

We have not tested this but we are assuming that one call is finished and the customer hangs up the call, that port is going to be made available for the next call. The operator will remain “dialed in”.. Is this correct?

VG Ans: (3)

Yes. The agent login script usually would also allow agent to use DTMF tones to indicate whether they are ready to take another call, or are still busy doing after-call work.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, this is my new questions:

(1) When you says: "run the Agent Login script"

What and where is it the Agent Login script? It's a VG script, or VBS?

(2) You Says:

"The operator would enter their operator number when first dialing it."

I don't understand. The operator is logged in a system at all the moment.

How VG determinates witch port is owned to witch user?

Thanks

(1) When you says: "run the Agent Login script"

What and where is it the Agent Login script? It's a VG script, or VBS?

It would be a VoiceGuide script. You'd need to design the login script depending on what actions you want the agent to do at login (eg select campaigns etc.)

(2) You Says:

"The operator would enter their operator number when first dialing it."

I don't understand. The operator is logged in a system at all the moment.

How VG determinates witch port is owned to witch user?

This is just one of the things that the operator could do at login time. When the operator enters their ID number then VG can tell which operator is on which port.