VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Dialler - How To Implement 'missed Call'?

I want to configure VG Dialler so that it dials a number (or numbers) and then hangs up after the 1st 'ring' of the destination phone, before that user picks up their phone. Is this possible??

The reason for this request is that I want to use the software to alert members of a user group to check their account, but I don't want to incur call-costs! By implementing a 'missed call', my user will see the missed call on their phone, (and it will be displayed with my name since I'll be in their phone contacts book).

Thanks

Simon

To do this properly you need to use a T1/E1 ISDN line. On ISDN lines you will be able to detect the precise time the destination number begins to ring and you can then hangup immediately after.

If using analog lines you would need to guess at the time the call takes to be connected and the phone takes to ring, and then specify that time as the Answer Timeout. This is a bit of a hit and miss approach and takes some experimentation to get right, but may have a fairly good success rate if the times taken for the phones to start ringing stays fairly constant.

What volume of calls do you need to make?