VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voiceguide Script Designer Not Displaying When Started

I have an unusual error when simply trying to open the Script Designer. It appears to be running in Windows Task Manager, but never opens on the screen where I can edit a script. I have uninstalled Voiceguide 7.0 (the newest from the website) and reinstalled but have not gotten the program to open correctly

Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2

The Script Designer starts and I can see it running under "Task Manager", but the GUI does not come up at all. I can't use the program. I tried uninstalling Voiceguide then re-installing but that didn't help

Can you please post the VG.INI file from VoiceGuide's directory. Maybe the Window's starting position is outside the bounds of the screen?

Also, can you try installing v5 or v6 of VoiceGuide, those versions install slightly different set of DLLs - maybe some of those DLLS (which should be installed on Windows) are missing from your system. v5 and v6 can be installed in parallel with v7 without affecting v7 operation.

I found the issue with the Designer not displaying, but not sure how to fix it. On Windows XP Professional and Windows Vista, The Script Designer executable program does not display the program to create scripts with modules. I can see the Designer program running in the Task Manager, but the program does not come up.

Is this a security issue? I had a similar problem in Access 2007 and it had to do with "trusted sources"

The Designer program comes up fine in my Windows XP Home.

Can you please post the VG.INI file from VoiceGuide's directory. Maybe the Window's starting position is outside the bounds of the screen?

Also, can you try installing v5 or v6 of VoiceGuide, those versions install slightly different set of DLLs - maybe some of those DLLS (which should be installed on Windows) are missing from your system. v5 and v6 can be installed in parallel with v7 without affecting v7 operation.

You can also try re-installing v7 to see if that fixes anything.