VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Gets Stuck At Playing Dtmf

I am trying to set up VG to record conference calls while I'm away from my home office. This means dialing out and then playing a series of DTMF tones plus the hash key (which really is the PIN number of the conference call) and then recording the hour-long conference call.

I used the "Dial and Record" script with the module that turns silent detection off in the beginning.

I added the Play Module with a single DTMF digit 2 to play as a test, just before the Record module. In the Path of this Play Module, I put in a On Timeout = 0 goto Record module. And there's no replay programmed.

The problem is that the system gets stuck during the Play Module to play the DTMF tone, for what seems to be forever. I have to manually hang up the phone during the test. I first tested with commas before the DTMF digit 2 in the sound file field, and then I also tested without the commas. (The commas was to put in pauses, just to see how long each comma-pause was going to be)

The whole thing does work, however, when I remove the Play Module. But I do need this module obviously to type in the PIN number.

Also, is it possible for VG to not wait for the Answering Machine to finish the "welcome message" before it goes on to the Play Module, etc?

I've attached the trace logs.

Thanks

EricGuest

EricGuest_DTMFproblem_0513vgm.zip

Please add this path to the Play module:

on {TDX_DIAL} goto [name of Record module]

When playing DTMF tones in v6 the TDX_DIAL event is used to indicate the DTMF tones have completed dialing.

(this may apply to v7 as well - would need to check this)

Also, is it possible for VG to not wait for the Answering Machine to finish the "welcome message" before it goes on to the Play Module, etc?

Yes, just set the Answering Machine script to be: IGNORE

Hello, this worked fine.

However, I found out another problem with my dial-and-record script.

The recording of the conference call was fine, and the system did indeed hang up the phone after the 3900 seconds that I had specified in the record module. But, it went on to redial the same number again after hanging up.

I'm wondering if it was because I put "IGNORE" in the "If answering machine answers..." field of the Dialer? (Perhaps VG thought it was not a completed call?) I noticed that in the Redial tab, it was to do 2 retries, with reach retry separated by 120 minutes. I did not intend this, but still, it redialed right after the recording-and-hangup event (not the 2 hours after initial connection, or 1 hour after hangup).

I've attached trace logs.

Please advise.

Thanks!

EricGuest

EricGuest_NoCallerID_vgm.zip

The attached trace does not include any outgoing calls, only one incoming call. Also trace is from v6.0.3107, and trace was made on "6/9/2006 10:30:18 PM".