VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

3 Com Nbx 100 As Voicemodem

I am currently investigating using a 3com NBX system with a voicemodem to integrate through TAPI with your software for an IVR application. I can get the caller ID to pop up but the system does not answer the call after e desgnated number oi rings.

Could you please send us a copy of VoiceGuide's Debug Printout which captures the incoming call, this will allow us to see what is going wrong.

(When running the script click on VoiceGuide's View menu and select 'Event Trace Log' option - any log information will then appear in this window. You must open the trace window before making the call.)

For a list of modems which other users found OK please see:

http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135

Ultimately you should look at getting a Dialogic card if you want a professional solution...

Here is the content of the Event TraceLog; three tries to multiple extensions on the 3Com box. complete file attached to reduce the size of the message in the forum

210730.91 8 callstate IDLE 66372 0 0

210730.91 8 WorkingMode@Idle=Offered

210730.91 8 LineState(iLineId).iVgsIdx = 0

210731.94 8 ERROR 5.0.2000 Unknown State [0]

210731.94 8 ReinitTelephony due to IDLE start

210731.94 8 tapic lineDeallocateCall(MainCall:66372) 0

210732.02 8 lineOpen(8) => 0

210732.02 8 Waiting for a call...

210732.02 8 lineOpen(8)LineHandle=66355

210734.44 8 callstate OFFERING 66304 1 4

210734.45 8 ring 0

Please open the trace window before making the call - then make one call and post the trace here.

From what I see however it doesn't look like the voice modem you are using works like a normal voice modem - I'd suggest changing to a different voice modem...

(have you looked at http://voiceguide.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=135 ?)

And again - if this is for a business solution then I'd suggest you don't waste your time with voice modems - just get a Dialogic card...

The 3 Com System I am referring to is a 3Com NBX 100 Telephone system that is TAPI compliant with TAPI 1.4, 2.0 & 3.0. It is not specifically a voice modem but rather a VOIP telephone system that is TAPI compliant. I am looking for a solution that will allow us to transfer a call over the network to your Voice Guide running on a server which will allow callers to access .WAV files by their specific 10 digit filename.

We already have the phone system. This system works like the AVAYA IP Office solution.

Thanks

I am running the product on Windows 2000 Sp4 fully patched with the latest hotfixes. I am currently using your demo version but intend(if I can get it to work) to purchase an 8 port licence. Not sure about the Text to speech yet.

Please advise

The error log attached was created buy doing exactly what you suggested. The only error present is the Error 5.0......

I

I suspect that it will not be possible to control this system in the same way that one would control a voice modem or a Dialogic card...

I think that in this case TAPI would only be used to route calls (transfer/conference) and the concept of having a call answered and playing a sound file to the caller and then detecting DTMF tones is probably not even supported... or at least not supported in a standard way in which VoiceGuide controls telephony devices... you may want to speak more to 3COM about this and ask them if they have any drivers which would allow applications which use the standard TAPI/Wave control interface (like VoiceGuide) to connect directly to their system.

What you should be looking at is attaching a Dialogic card to some analog extensions of this phone system and having calls answered by the Dialogic card.

I have been old that your company has customers using the 3Com and the voiceguide software. This is the reason I cam to your organization in the first place.

It is unfortunate as it seems to me that the scripting to get the voice file to play should be straight forward. Could you please tell me what the "error 5 ...." refers to in the trace Log.

Thanks

Using analog ports works just fine with our brooktrout card using a product called Active Call Center. We are trying to do this all on the server and take advantage of the 3Com's Wave Media integration and multiple extensions on one server accessed through a network card.

Your system detects the call . It just does not answer it.

I have been old that your company has customers using the 3Com and the voiceguide software.

Quite possibly people who answered your question meant to say that it can when using a Dialogic/Brooktrout card attached to 3COM's analog extensions...

It is unfortunate as it seems to me that the scripting to get the voice file to play should be straight forward.

If 3COM supports it then yes it will be... from the trace that we can see it does not look like it does (maybe the 3COM is not configured right? I don't know anything about the switch)

We are trying to do this all on the server and take advantage of the 3Com's Wave Media integration and multiple extensions on one server accessed through a network card.

you should speak to 3COM people about what this Wave Media integration can and cant do - ask them straight out about using VoiceGuide with it - technical people who know the switch should be able to give you a proper answer of whether this is something which 3COM will support..

Could you please tell me what the "error 5 ...." refers to in the trace Log.

It means that VoiceGuide did not expect to be sent an "IDLE" signal from the 3COM when it did... must say the trace stopped at an interesting time.. what happened after:

210734.45 8 ring 0

?

Can you post a fuller trace of what happens afterwards?

Using analog ports works just fine with our brooktrout card using a product called Active Call Center.

VoiceGuide and Active Call Center use the same approach when controlling telephony hardware (both use the TAPI/Wave interface)

Ie: You could use VoiceGuide on Brooktrout... so the question arises: Can you use Active Call Center to control the 3Com directly?