VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Crashes On Outbound Calls

Version: 6.0.2028 Enterprise Edition (Registered)

Firstly, should I upgrade the software, and what needs to be done to do that?

And now to my real problem:

We've been using Voiceguide quite successfully for a couple of years now as a call receiving/information dispersement system.

We've recently been trying to make use of its outbound calling features to do reminder calling.

In testing, when trying to use the Telephone Numbers Loader, it seems to load the numbers into the database, but then problems arise:

Minor problems:

1) cannot delete database while running Voiceguide (I know that Voiceguide had it open, and that's why it couldn't do it. But there was nothing that seemed to say that.

2) If Voiceguide is closed when I click "Start Dialing" on the Telephone Numbers Loader, it gives me a "Run-time error '384' A Form can't be moved or resized while maximized or minimized." I only get this on my live system, not my test system. This problem is bypassed on the live system if I already have voiceguide open (and not maximized or minimized)

Major Problem:

After successfully clicking "Start Dialing", a few seconds pass, and then this error occurs:

"Voiceguide has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Operating System: XP Professional, SP1 (SP1 hasn't been an issue for me with Voiceguide before)

Version: 6.0.2028 Enterprise Edition (Registered)

Call log from Telephone Numbers Loader:

170021.45 0 init saving dialer settings

170021.55 0 db database opened

170021.55 0 info Do Not Call List Loading...

170021.57 0 dnc Do No Call List file as previously loaded.

170021.57 0 info Do Not Call List Load Finished 1

170021.57 0 info Loading File Reading...

170021.57 0 load dial list file [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\diallist.txt] read start

170021.57 0 load dial list file [2] read end

170021.57 0 load dial list array save to db start

170021.57 0 info Loading File Database Insert

170021.57 0 load dial list array save to db end

170021.57 0 load text box numbers start

170021.57 0 info Text Box Numbers Loading...

170021.59 0 load text box numbers end

170021.59 0 db database closed

170021.59 0 info Finished queued:2 rejected:0

170021.74 0 info file : 2 explicittly listed loaded OK

170021.74 0 info file : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Do Not Call List)

170021.74 0 info file : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Other)

170021.74 0 info file : 0 expanded from template loaded OK

170021.74 0 info file : 0 expanded from template rejected (Do Not Call List)

170021.74 0 info file : 0 expanded from template rejected (Other)

170021.74 0 info text : 0 explicittly listed loaded OK

170021.76 0 info text : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Do Not Call List)

170021.76 0 info text : 0 explicittly listed rejected (Other)

170021.76 0 info text : 0 expanded from template loaded OK

170021.76 0 info text : 0 expanded from template rejected (Do Not Call List)

170021.76 0 info text : 0 expanded from template rejected (Other)

170021.76 0 info TOTAL : 2 loaded OK

170021.76 0 info TOTAL : 0 rejected

Nothing is listed in the log, even at maximum verbosity, on the open Voiceguide Program.

Additionally, the voiceguide program doesn't actually close. Leading me to believe that it's another instance that is opening and crashing.

The crash doesn't always happen. Sometimes it sits there and does nothing.

I tried it with a variety of scripts. Even one script that was nothing more than playing a sound and then hanging up.

Error logs show up as such:

154318.381 ocxfn LogLevels(1,C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\log\,sw.txt,0,)

154319.069 ocxfn LogLevels(1,C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\log\,sw.txt,0,)

154319.069 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Over an hour ago I got these entries in "OutDial_Uncontactable_NoDialer.txt" (numbers replaced to preserve privacy.

04:13 PM 22/04/08, "818XXXXXXX", 2, 120, NONE, C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\test_set_variable.vgs, C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\test_set_variable.vgs, none[OutDial_RetriesLeft]{2}

04:13 PM 22/04/08, "818XXXXXXX", 2, 120, NONE, C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\test_set_variable.vgs, C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\test_set_variable.vgs, none[OutDial_RetriesLeft]{2}

However, I have not been able to get it to do that since.

Any idea what I could try / set / do?

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

You would not be able to pace outbound calls as you do not have the Dialer license.

You would need to purchase an "Enterprise+Dialer" license.

We'd also recommend to upgrade to the latest version of VoiceGuide.

You can tell if another instance of VoiceGuide is already running by looking in the Task Manager if nay other "vgMulti.exe" tasks are running.

You would not be able to pace outbound calls as you do not have the Dialer license.

You would need to purchase an "Enterprise+Dialer" license.

We'd also recommend to upgrade to the latest version of VoiceGuide.

You can tell if another instance of VoiceGuide is already running by looking in the Task Manager if nay other "vgMulti.exe" tasks are running.

+ Dialer license?

When did this occur? The dialer system seems like such a kluge add-on, I figured it was a part of the package.

So it is crashing because of the lack of a license?

I was planning on using the vbscript module to add numbers to the dialer queue. Would that still require the license?

Is there an upgrade price, or does one have to buy the license all over again? I currently have a 4 line Enterprise.

And is the crashing due to the lack of specific license? I would like to know if I should expect this trouble to evaporate or not with the new version.

Also, can one simply upgrade their current installation or do they need to uninstall reinstall? The server in question is currently live with another script and having it down for a few days reinstalling tapi drivers and such might royally suck :D

I was planning on using the vbscript module to add numbers to the dialer queue. Would that still require the license?

Yes.

Is there an upgrade price, or does one have to buy the license all over again? I currently have a 4 line Enterprise.

You would get a credit for existing license, as details at bottom of order form. You can also contact sales@voiceguide.com for upgrade details.

And is the crashing due to the lack of specific license?

Looks like that older version does not handle well attempts to perform unlicensed actions. We have not seen these problem on latest version. v6 is used extensively for dialout applications without such issues being encountered.

Also, can one simply upgrade their current installation or do they need to uninstall reinstall?

You need to uninstall and re-install. Suggest you backup your scripts and configuration files before uninstall.

and having it down for a few days reinstalling tapi drivers

v6 does not use TAPI drivers. They do not need to be installed. Dialogic drivers do not need to be re-installed. An uninstall and re-install would take about 15 minutes.