VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Send Callerid On Voip Line

Hello,

I switched from an analog telephone line to the cable (Shaw) company's digital phone service which uses "PacketCable" and "DOCSIS" technologies, which is explained here:

http://tinyurl.com/4h7k2e

I run Windows 2000, with Dialogic card Proline/2V, Voiceguide version 6.0.3379

I read somewhere in the Support Forum that it is possible with an ISDN line to send Caller ID information on outbound dialing so that the CallerID is that of another party (ie. another client for whom I'm broadcasting messages, so the client's number would appear on the recipient's caller id unit).

Will I be able to do this with my setup?

Thanks.

EricGuest

I read somewhere in the Support Forum that it is possible with an ISDN line to send Caller ID information on outbound dialing so that the CallerID is that of another party (ie. another client for whom I'm broadcasting messages, so the client's number would appear on the recipient's caller id unit).

Yes. This is possible on ISDN lines.

Will I be able to do this with my setup?

No. You are using an analog line and card. You need to use ISDN. It may be possible on VoIP calls as well, depending on VoIP provider - you would need ot know your VoIP protocols well to even attempt deploying VoIP to do this though.