VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Upgrading To V7

I am considering migrating from v6 to v7. I understand that my sound files format will need to be changed. What additional modifications can I anticipate to compete the implementation?

On the subject of sound files, I have adopted the practice of using a combination of static (recorded) and dynamic (tts) prompts, with the static prompts being created by recording sound files with a tts engine using the same voice as the dynamic prompts. My problem is that the result I get using the SAPI5 SDK 5.1 TTSAPP to record my prompt files produces an inferior quality to that of the tts generated by the native engine in VG. I have adopted the practice of creating a utility script in VG to generate the desired tts and then saving the VG temp file as my prompt, but this is tedious. How can I maximize the sound quality of recorded tts?

Will a 'Thin' Dialogic card accomodate analog lines?

Thanks, Jack

It's usually possible to use the current sound files. VoiceGuide v7 will still play PCM .WAV sound files.

The resultant playback quality will be better then v6 - best to just install v7 and try. v6 and v7 can be installed side by side on the same system.