VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

V7 Of Voiceguide Will Have A Web Services Interface And A .net Remotin

The site and the forum states that v7 of VoiceGuide will have a Web Services interface and a .NET Remoting interface

I have been running V7 since it was released and where can I get information on the above. I find no reference to it in the docs

v7 now supports WCF. WCF is the new communications framework from Microsoft which has replaced Remoting.

WCF accepts connections in a variety of ways, including the WebServices approach.

Please update to the latest version of v7 available from our WWW now.

After installing that version see in VG's \Scripts\ subdirectory for directory called vgServices_WCF. Unzip the .ZIP file found there.

You will find a C# project which shows how to attach to VoiceGuide using WCF.

Note that there are 4 methods shown:

PortCommandLink TCP

PortCommandLine HTTP

LineComamdnLink TCP

LineCommandLink HTTP

The LineCommandLink is the 'old' command line where LineID is used to reference the channels used by the system

The PortCommandLink is the same as the LineCommandLink, but the Port Numbers are used instead of LineIDs. This makes it easier to use as Port Numbers are just 1,2,3,4,etc with 1 used to reference the 'first' (topmost) telephony channel. This makes it easier to reference the channel you want to address.

If you want to trigger on VoiceGuide events within your app the note that when subscribing to events use "-1" to subscribe to events for all channels. Similarly then unsubscribing "-1" will unsubscribe from all channels.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.