VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Permanently Running Script.

Hello,

How can I set up VG for running script permanently.? I have to have permanent running script for all lines.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

You can setup the script to run in a loop that never hangs up.

What would you like for the script to actually do? Can you post your current script and we can then best advise the best way to make it run without stopping.

Hi,

Somebody call to callcenter, person which received call can (on our software) push the button: record this call.

I have to check ms sql database and if there is any data (I don`t know yet if IVR would write any result variables or other aplication would do this) if the line is free (agent can make record) (in database mark is i.e. 1) then check i.e. called number, make call (silent monitoring) and record this call.

This is very short describe.

Sorry for my English.

In attach is my scirpt (this script evaluate all time).

Best Regards,

Grzegorz J.

Scripts.zip

If you want to record the conversation between the caller and the agent to whom the call is transferred to you will need to use either a 2 line Dial and Conference transfer (and then use the 2-line recording COM command) or you can try using the 3-way transfer and the using just a record module.

In v7 the 2-line call recording is included. In v6 it's a separate add-on.

Set the Timeout in the Record module to a large value (eg 7200 for 2 hours) and make sure that the Disconnect tone detection is properly set to detect end of call, or that your PBX used loop current drop to indicate end of call.

Hi,

Thanks for informations.

But how can I set up vg to run script round and round i.e. on one line (to check database). Where is this option?

Best Regards,

GJ

After you start the recording using the COM function (you can start both the two line recording and a normal recording using the COM function) you can then have the script go on to other modules - just use the Success path from the VBScript module and have it go to the DBQuery module etc. Is this what you require? To check DB in a loop after the recording is started?

Hi,

This could be ok, but I`m not fluent in vbs and com function. This mean that I have to write vbs script with specific parameters?

Best Regards,

GJ

Hi,

This could be simple but I can`t handle with this.

I have to make new scenario and put this module in first place or put this module in current scenario? What other modules there can be. I lost. I need take a rest.

Best Regards,

GJ

We can create a sample script for you showing how it's done.

Are you going to be using 3-way conferencing to transfer the calls, or will you be using the "Dial and Conference" (Tromboned) transfers to make the call transfer?

Hi,

It very kind from You. I don`t know what will be better, maybe "Dial and Conference".

Thank You

Best Regards,

GJ

You must establish what approach you will take. "Dial and Conference" requires a card that is capable of doing "Dial and Conference". What Dialogic card are you using?

Are the phone lines that are attached to the card normal telephone phone lines or are they PBX extensions?

Is 3-way conference calling even supported on those lines?

Hi,

Dialogic D4 PCI U - 4 lines (analog)

There are attached 4 analag lines from PBX (Siemens). We can do everything with this lines because I test it on our company PBX and even if I need something our service man can set up PBX correctly.

Best Regards,

GJ

PS

Script which I attached earlier is so bad or You make new one?

CallCenter agent who received call and would like to record it push correct button on CC aplication which should start recording (there is specific mark send to CTI and to database).

On the other side our CTI software will monitor all CallCenter lines, set up database with correct data when those lines are busy or free, then IVR check database, read data an when there will be mark free (when agent push the button) should bind called number with ID in databes and start silent monitoring on this call.

I have to know better all nuances in Your software to be familiar with all "evaluate expressions" and "Result Variable" and get them to work in scenario like I want.

I don`t know if I can show You correctly what I have to get.

Grzesiek.

The D/4PCIU card does not support "Dial and Conference".

Have you tried doing 3-way conference call transfers and see if they work at all on this PBX?

If the PBX does not support 3-way conference calls then we'd recommend getting a D/41JCT card. This card can do Dial and Conference transfers.

Hi,

I thinks that our HiPath can do 3-way conference. But I have to check this feature.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

Hi,

But from the other side, in my scenario I can record my call, not exactly the way I want, but always.

Because I make some test and I`m caller to the IVR line, IVR update database with $RV_[inband_called] and do blind transfer to this number (in this case there is my internal number) and record (busy tone because I made call to IVR line).

I would like to make IVR to check database and if there are exact data then make call (i.e. blind transfer *944$RV_[inband_called] and maybe another variable which bind call with ID in database). This database monitoring would be permanent i.e. on the one or two lines maube like this:

Checking (no 1 mark) - Stop - 5 sek pause - Checking (no 1 mark) - Stop - 5 sek pause -Checking (mark 1) - Play exact module in scenario.

Best Regard,

Grzesiek J.

Hi,

Using Inband_Called was bad idea from my side. I`m testing another scenario. I would like to use dialer to make call. But I can`t get evaluation ex. from database, change it be readable in script.

In attach my script. Can You look at them and tell me how to do this?

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

Scripts_2.zip

Log.zip

I would like to use dialer to make call. But I can`t get evaluation ex. from database, change it be readable in script.

Please describe in detail step-by-step what You are trying to achieve.

Is your objective still to have the incoming call transferred to another number and record the conversation between the caller and the person answering the transferred call? Or is it something else?

Hi.

I don`t know if this is right but I would like to check database (first module in scenario), and if there is proper data (phone number with priority 1, if priority is 0 then go back check again in some time interval and again - round and round), then get this phone number from database, go to next module with proper Result Variable or Ev Expr., then go to next module which make call (*944+phone number from database - silent monitoring code), and after make call and set this function (this is from PBX) record this call.

1. I don`t know how to make VG to run scenario round and round on i.e. one line and in case of proper data from database go to next step define in scenario.

2. I don`t know how to get phone number from database and turn (change) it to RV or Ev Expr to be readable for VG in proper module in scenario.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

Hi.

I am trying with dialer since yesterday but with poor results (I made database like You show in Help). I attach scenario, outdial.xml, vg.ini and logs.

Please look at that and give me some clues to do it right.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

vg_jg.zip

Hi.

In attach files from another test.

I would like to thank You very much for patient and help.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

vg_jg_2.zip

Just start off by loading calls using the telephone number loader. Then once you have it working move onto using OutDial file (start of with the examples supplied in the Help file) or the COM approach.

Not too sure how you are currently loading calls, but the trace logs shows that the data assigned to the telephone number is invalid. You have XML expressions saved in the telephone number field instead of just the telephone number.

Also we'd recommend using VG v7 instead of VG v6.

Hi

Thanks for info. I set up xml file instead of txt. I changed this.

But the problem is how and when start script if number which i specified is busy. This is clue, because I would like to record this caller and his call.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

The VoiceGuide Dialer will call hangup and try calling the number again after some delay. You can specify the maximum number of retries and delay between retries.

Hi,

I am testin another way by dialer but when in scenario system get to module Record (in polish Nagraj) I have that error:

In attach piece of log.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

err.txt

Trace shows that the filename supplied to the record module is:

D:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\*94422_0416_143845.wav

Which is an invalid filename - the "*" is an invalid character.

You should have a closer look at how you are assigning the value of the first $RV that you use to construct the filename.

Hi,

Thanks for advise. I changed this the way You told me. It works. But not permanent. I discover that outdial_new.xml after read disappear.

Now I install new VG v7 and will be testing it.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

Any outdial files will be deleted after being read in. That's how it works by design. The system then makes the calls that were loaded in.

Hi,

Oki, but now I have another problems which are bigger than me. Please look at attached files ang give me some informations what I`m doing wrong.

How to made VG to read (and write) MS SQL database? Do VG dual reading (from MS SQL and from VistaDB)? Please look at my vg.ini and section dialer if connection string is right.

In scenario is module named by me SM - in version 6 it read this varaible and go to module Nagraj but in v7 I think not.

Best Regards,

Grzesiek J.

vg7_test.zip