VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Automatic Update

Hello

We need to set automatic update and this is the script we use:

sUpdateHistorySQL = " UPDATE tb_useraccount_history SET Status='Completed', totalamount="&transactionAmount&", fee_amount= " & fees &" , netamount="& netTransactionAmount & " WHERE offerId= " & offerId &" AND tran_id=" & tran_id & " AND Tofromname='From'"

VG counts time, after time alopses previously set time ( for ex: 2 hours) , VG should update DB table. But it does not update the DB table. What should be the problem?

Also in every two days VG is turning off itself for some reason, I always need manually turn it on in every two days. What should be the problem?

Can anybody give us any advice?

Looks like you will need to have a closer look at what the script itself is doing. The trace files saved by VoiceGuide in the \log\ subdirectory usually help in this.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

CallLoader=0

VoicemailManager=0

EmailSender=0

ktTel=10

ktTts=0

You should probably also see whether the machine is set to auto-reboot itself on a 2-day basis.

VoiceGuide v7 runs as a Windows Service so it would come back up again automatically after any such reboots. v5 and v6 do not natively run as a service.

We provide a fund transaction service to website users through voice guide.

Let me once again shortly describe the process:

The transaction processes are two kinds: “one time payment” and “hourly payment”.

In “Onetime payment” case a user calls to VG , enters one 6 digit number then second 6 digit number and transaction is complete if numbers are correct. (another person receives funds)

In “hourly payment” a user calls to VG , enters one 6 digit number then second 6 digit number and transaction starts ( vg counts time ) . If time elapses previously set time VG should update the DB table. But we could not make that update so far.

there is some vb script program to run automatically but it is not running when the time is over

Transaction processes also are described on this pages: http://www.ebuzzspace.com/escrow.asp and http://www.ebuzzspace.com/callinginstructions.asp

As per your reply I attached vg.Ini and three log file.

0403_0330_vgEngine.txt

0406tw.txt

0406vgm.txt

vg_reply1..txt

This seems more of a general script/database/application design question and not related to VoiceGuide itself.

The attached traces are from v6 and v7.. which is the version that you are trying to use on this system?

Captured version 6 trace does not even show the script using any Database Query modules...

We are using V6 VG, only question we have is how can we automatically update DB table?

We have two situations. E. g. if we have 2 hour transaction Vg counts 2 hour time period:

#1 user can stop transaction with manually interaction during 2 hour time period and VG updates DB table successfully.

#2 but if time elapses 2 hour time period, then how can we update DB table? How to show that total 2 hour time period continued and transaction ended? We use the same script as for #1 process but it does not update DB table, this is the problem we are seeking an answer. Let me know and I can send server access info to your email to see VG file.

Sounds like what you need to do is to use a field in the database to keep some timestamp of when transaction was began, and then refer to this field when determining how much time has elapsed.

That may is better approach then trying to schedule external tasks to try to update a database at some time in the future, which is what I think you are asking about(?)