VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialing Out

An outbound script is just like any inbound script. There is nothing that makes a script an 'Outbound" or and "Inbound" script. It's just a script. On outbound calls the script is ran when the outgoing call is answered. Simplest script would be just one Play module.

I thought the problem is with the script but it doesn't look like.

Can you have a look in the log files attached to identify the reason for the out call not being performed? i can't get inbound calls as well with VOIP line.

Is there any port configuration that should be done as the VOIP provider application is using SIP port : 5060.

log_and_config.zip

Can you place incoming calls into the system when just dialing to the VoiceGuide system's IP address? Try placing calls from a softphone from another computer on same LAN network (eg. SJPhone) or a VoIP handset attached on the same LAN.

Can you place incoming calls into the system when just dialing to the VoiceGuide system's IP address? Try placing calls from a softphone from another computer on same LAN network (eg. SJPhone) or a VoIP handset attached on the same LAN.

I can make incoming and outgoing calls using SJPhone on this PC but not with VoiceGuide.

Can you try placing calls from a softphone from another computer on same LAN network (eg. SJPhone) or a VoIP handset attached on the same LAN?

Just try dialing to the VoiceGuide system by dialing it's IP address.

This will let you confirm that the system is working and answering calls.

Once you have confirmed that the system is answering calls then we can move onto trying to place outgoing calls.

Can you try placing calls from a softphone from another computer on same LAN network (eg. SJPhone) or a VoIP handset attached on the same LAN?

Just try dialing to the VoiceGuide system by dialing it's IP address.

This will let you confirm that the system is working and answering calls.

Once you have confirmed that the system is answering calls then we can move onto trying to place outgoing calls.

i successfuly place inbound call to the SJPhone but VoiceGuide is not responding to the incoming call.

Any suggestion?

Is VoiceGuide the only VoIP application started at the time when you are trying to place incoming VoIP calls to that system?

When SJPhone answers the calls do you dial into it using direct IP dialing, or are you dialing into it though some VoIP provider?

I suspect you are registering the SJPhone with a VoIP provider and dialing in through that provider's VoIP address... correct?

Setting up VoIP IVR systems usually using WireShark to analyze any problems such as these to see exactly what is happening on the VoIP level. Setting up VoIP IVR is at this stage a lot more complicated then setting up an Analog or ISDN based system, and we only advice deploying VoIP if you have good knowledge of VoIP protocols or can bring in a consultant who has VoIP knowledge.

Is VoiceGuide the only VoIP application started at the time when you are trying to place incoming VoIP calls to that system?

When SJPhone answers the calls do you dial into it using direct IP dialing, or are you dialing into it though some VoIP provider?

I suspect you are registering the SJPhone with a VoIP provider and dialing in through that provider's VoIP address... correct?

Setting up VoIP IVR systems usually using WireShark to analyze any problems such as these to see exactly what is happening on the VoIP level. Setting up VoIP IVR is at this stage a lot more complicated then setting up an Analog or ISDN based system, and we only advice deploying VoIP if you have good knowledge of VoIP protocols or can bring in a consultant who has VoIP knowledge.

I tried both way and using SJPhone it works fine.

The only thing I suspect is that VoiceGuide is listening to the right port.

I tried to change VoiceGuide to listen on other then it's default (port 7130) using additional tag in the config.xml file:

<devicesSysManagers>

<StatusLink>5060</StatusLink>

</devicesSysManagers>

but it ignore it and keep using the default one.

Can you explain how can I change the port?

There is no need to make any setting changed. It should work 'out of the box', ie: immediately after installation.

Can you try using WireShark to capture the SIP messages arriving on this system and post the WireShark trace here. We can then see what SIP messages are sent to this system and may see how the HMP drivers respond to them.

It may also be a good idea to download the 4 port HMP evaluation license from Dialogic and make HMP use the proper evaluation license.

The StatusLink port setting is for the StatusLink access. It is not used for VoIP configuration.

StatusLink port setting should not be set to 5060 as this will open that port and probably block incoming VoIP calls.

There is no need to make any setting changed. It should work 'out of the box', ie: immediately after installation.

Can you try using WireShark to capture the SIP messages arriving on this system and post the WireShark trace here. We can then see what SIP messages are sent to this system and may see how the HMP drivers respond to them.

It may also be a good idea to download the 4 port HMP evaluation license from Dialogic and make HMP use the proper evaluation license.

The StatusLink port setting is for the StatusLink access. It is not used for VoIP configuration.

StatusLink port setting should not be set to 5060 as this will open that port and probably block incoming VoIP calls.

I attached the WireShark trace file for incoming call which was answered by the softphone but not VoiceGuide.

I'm using the 4 port HMP evaluation license from Dialogic.

Please help as i dont want to give-up.

IncomingCall.zip

Attached trace does not have any SIP messages in it. Typing sip in the "Filter" box results in nothing being displayed.

Attached trace does not have any SIP messages in it. Typing sip in the "Filter" box results in nothing being displayed.

Sorry you are right. here is the trace with SIP messages.

IncomingCall_second.zip

Trace shows one call: from 194.120.0.198 (voipcheap.co.uk?) to 192.168.0.136, and answered by SJPhone.

Trace does not show any other calls.

Did you try placing calls into VoiceGuide from a softphone from another computer on same LAN network or a VoIP handset attached on the same LAN?

If you want VoiceGuide to be able to register with voipcheap.co.uk or other VoIP provider and receive calls addressed to your voipcheap.co.uk etc address then you would need to configure the VoIP registration options in VoiceGuide and setup any firewalls on your network appropriately to allow the calls to go through.

VoIP registration is covered in this Help file page: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...ip_register.htm

It is easier to first test system with direct IP calls.