VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Three Problems After Upgrading To Ver 7

Hello, Support team,

I've recently upgraded VoiceGuide from Ver 6 to Ver 7.

The problem is the script used to run fine with the previous version does not work correctly.

The following is my PC profile:

Modem: Dialogic PCI 4Port

Dialogic Drv Ver: SR6_SU184

VoiceGuide Ver: 7.0.5

The attached trace log will show but let me breifly describes the problems.

The script will request for EmpNumber and password (in this example, UserID is 47216 and PWD is 4000, and these are valid.)

Once the user is logged in, the script will generate main menu (from [GenerateMainMenu] module) based on the user's punch profle and play wave files for him.

The user in the example will hear the following wave files:

"WAV Files\Main Menu_01.vox,WAV Files\One To Punch_01.vox,WAV Files\Call In Sick_01.wav,WAV Files\Admin Functions_01.wav,WAV Files\Leave Functions_01.wav,WAV Files\Schedule Info_01.wav"

These are all concatenated with comma and generated by VBScript.

The First problem is that after the first wave file, I hear serious noise from the phone.

This used to be fine before and I am sure the wave files are correctly formatted as recommended. (8bit mono)

The Second problem is that even if I enter a valid input number (in this case 7), [GotoScriptSelected] module will not go to the designated script (LeaveFunctions.vgs in this case).

Rather, it goes to [PlayInvalidSelection] module, which is for the fail path.

The Third problem is that VG does not hang up. I tried to change the values in ConfigLine.xml as described in "Detecting End of Calls," but no use.

Please take a look at the trace files I attached and help!

I really appreciate your help in advance.

IVR_ProblemLogs.zip

The First problem is that after the first wave file, I hear serious noise from the phone.

This would be caused by the files in the list not all being of the same format.

The .VOX ending of the first two files suggests that they are ADPCM input and this is how VG treats them.

Please change all sound files used to be same format (preferably ULaw or ALaw).

The Second problem is that even if I enter a valid input number (in this case 7), [GotoScriptSelected] module will not go to the designated script (LeaveFunctions.vgs in this case).

The script in module [GotoScriptSelected] makes a call to RvSet "GetFullDetailSubMenu", but does not appear to make any further calls after that before exiting. Can you place some admin_tracelogadd calls (http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/html/com_admin_tracelogadd.htm) in that module to better see how the VBScript is executing, most likely there is some bug in script which causes it to exit before making the call that you would like it to make. If you are still having problems with please post the VoiceGuide script here and we can have a look at it.

131137.301 17 remoting link constructor activated: vgServices_CommandLink

131137.410 17 4 cl RvSet GetFullDetailSubMenu,

131137.410 17 4 rv add [GetFullDetailSubMenu]{}

131137.832 19 4 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

131137.832 19 4 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE lCode2Str=EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

131137.832 19 4 path {EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE} not found

131137.832 19 4 Process.HasExited is true (System.Diagnostics.Process (wscript))

131137.832 19 4 task completed. vgm=37, iRunWait=1, iRunWait_ExeResult_NextVgm=0=[]

131137.832 19 4 ExeResult_NextVgm has not been set. check for Result file.

131137.832 19 4 no result file returned from program (VGRUNRESULT_4.TXT).

131137.832 19 4 FindNextVgmTitleInPathList: next module title is=[PlayInvalidSelection]

131137.832 19 4 task completed LsRunWaitChooseNext iNextVgm=38

The Third problem is that VG does not hang up. I tried to change the values in ConfigLine.xml as described in "Detecting End of Calls," but no use.

Can you please post the recording of the Disconnect tone, along with the ktTel trace showing configuration and the tone being recorded.

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

I was able to solve the first problem by making the multiple media files one same format. (I was testing performance and quality by using different formats and forgot to put them back.)

But the second and thrid problems are still there.

I included the script for the second problem.

The script in module [GotoScriptSelected] makes a call to RvSet "GetFullDetailSubMenu", but does not appear to make any further calls after that before exiting.

The script actually works in a different order.

After generating the main menu, the script gets an input from a user in [GetMainMenu] module to check if it needs to add the full-detail submenu.

It uses two evaluate expression modules, which are [isEarlyStartViolated] and [isFullDetailSelected].

As you could see from the previous trace posted, both are evaluated false, thus not going to [PlayInvalidSelection] or [GetFullDetailSubmenu] module.

It is rather supposed to go to [GoToScriptSelected] module, and call "LeaveFunctions" script.

For the third problem, I recorded the disconnecetd sound and included in the zipped file as well.

Please let me know if you could find the causes.

Thanks again. I really do.

ScriptAndDiscon.zip

It is rather supposed to go to [GoToScriptSelected] module, and call "LeaveFunctions" script.

Traces show the system is getting to the GotoScriptSelected module. See traces below.

(I'll loook at Disconnect tone next)

131136.707 17 4 state [GotoScriptSelected] type: VB Script, iRunWait=1

131136.707 17 4 rv replace start (strlen>500)

131136.707 17 4 rvns: [PathSysVoice]{}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[PathDataVm]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\data\}[PathVgSys]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\system\}[scriptPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\IntelliTime\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\IntelliTime\}[$RV_STARTTIME]{2008-04-01 13:11:21}[$RV_DEVICEID]{4}[DlgcVoice]{dxxxB1C4}[DlgcNetwork]{dxxxB1C4}[PathApp]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\}[scriptsPath]{C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Scripts\IntelliTime\}[PlayWelcomeGetEmpNumber]{4000}[PlayWelcomeGetEmpNumber_PathTaken]{success

[WelcomeGetPassword]{4000}[WelcomeGetPassword_PathTaken]{success}[blnIsAuthorize

]{True}[blnIsMultipleAppointment]{False}[blnIsEmpNumberValid]{True}[blnIsPasswor

Expired]{False}[blnIsLocked]{False}[intRetries]{4}[intNumberOfAppointment]{}[int

etriesTemp]{5}[isAuthorizedFirst_Input]{True=True}[isAuthorizedFirst]{True}[isLo

ked_Input]{False=True}[isLocked]{False}[isPasswordExpired_Input]{False=True}[isP

sswordExpired]{False}[userID]{47216}[GroupID]{211}[MainMenu]{WAV Files\Main Menu_01.vox,WAV Files\One To Punch_01.vox,WAV Files\Call In Sick_01.wav,WAV Files\Admin Functions_01.wav,WAV Files\Leave Functions_01.wav,WAV Files\Schedule Info_01.wav}[PunchStyle]{General}[PayCodeForSick]{Sick}[PunchID]{12}[EarliestSta

t]{}[blnIsEarliestStartViolation]{False}[blnIsPromptForLeaveSet]{False}[GetMainM

nu]{7}[CheckEarliestStartViolation]{False}[isEarliestStartViolated_Input]{False=

rue}[isEarliestStartViolated]{False}[isFullDetailSelected_Input]{"General"="Full Detail" and 7=1}[isFullDetailSelected]{False}

131136.707 17 4 script will be ran from file: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_4_4.vbs

131136.707 17 4 delete existing: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_4_4.vbs

131136.707 17 4 current objVbsOrExeProcess=

131136.707 17 4 RunVBScriptFile [wscript][C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_4_4.vbs][] timeout=60 (vbsPath=C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp), start (new Process)

131136.739 17 4 RunVBScriptFile just started. Handle=33636, Id=1648, StartTime=4/1/2008 1:11:36 PM, HasExited=False

131136.754 17 4 VBScript started [C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\temp\vbs_4_4.vbs], ProcessHandle=[33636], VbsOrExeProcess.WorkingSet=[65536]

131136.754 17 4 RunModule_Script_AfterScriptStarted start

131136.754 17 4 waiting. iRunWait=1 (process:33636)

131136.754 17 4 timer set 1 EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

131136.926 9 4 ev Dialogic 134,TDX_CST, crn=0x0 (0), 203,0,0,DE_TONEON,,

131136.926 9 4 LsRunWaitTillFinished lCode2Str=EV_UNKNOWN_134

131136.926 9 4 LsRunWaitTillFinished TDX_CST lCode2Str=EV_UNKNOWN_134

131136.926 9 4 path {TDX_CST} not found

131137.301 17 remoting link constructor activated: vgServices_CommandLink

131137.410 17 4 cl RvSet GetFullDetailSubMenu,

131137.410 17 4 rv add [GetFullDetailSubMenu]{}

131137.832 19 4 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

131137.832 19 4 LsRunWaitTillFinished EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE lCode2Str=EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE

131137.832 19 4 path {EV_TIMEOUT_CHECKONSTATE} not found

131137.832 19 4 Process.HasExited is true (System.Diagnostics.Process (wscript))

131137.832 19 4 task completed. vgm=37, iRunWait=1, iRunWait_ExeResult_NextVgm=0=[]

131137.832 19 4 ExeResult_NextVgm has not been set. check for Result file.

131137.832 19 4 no result file returned from program (VGRUNRESULT_4.TXT).

131137.832 19 4 FindNextVgmTitleInPathList: next module title is=[PlayInvalidSelection]

131137.832 19 4 task completed LsRunWaitChooseNext iNextVgm=38

Try setting the TID_DISCONNECT definition in the Config.xml to be:

<Tone Name="Call Progress Tone TID_DISCONNECT">

<Notes>Default Setting</Notes>

<ID>TID_DISCONNECT</ID>

<Freq1>350</Freq1>

<Freq1Dev>40</Freq1Dev>

<Freq2>440</Freq2>

<Freq2Dev>40</Freq2Dev>

<On>25</On>

<OnDev>10</OnDev>

<Off>25</Off>

<OffDev>10</OffDev>

<Count>1</Count>

</Tone>

And increase the "Count" to 2 or 3 if you are getting any false disconnect tone detections.

Dear SupportTeam,

I found out what is causing the second problem, not going to the destination script.

From the code below, vg.Script_Goto procedure raises the following error: "Invalid procedure call or argument," which did not happen with the previous version of VG (Ver 6).

Am I missing something?

Set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")
'Send to a designated script by selection

vg.Admin_TraceLogAdd 0, 0, "wj: it is in this script"

If RV_PunchStyle = "General" Then
Select Case strChoice
  	Case "1"
		vg.Script_Goto 2, "PunchToGED.vgs","SaveToGED"
    'Base Choice
    Case "5"	'Sick Leave Request
         vg.Script_Goto 2, "PunchToGED.vgs","SaveToGED"
    Case "6"
         vg.Run_ResultReturn  2, "fail"
    Case "7"    
   vg.Admin_TraceLogAdd 0, 0, "In the case stmt for choice 7"
vg.Script_Goto 2, "LeaveFunctions.vgs"
   If (Err.Number <> 0) Then
     vg.Admin_TraceLogAdd 0, 0, "Err:" & Err.Description

Err.Clear  				
  End If
       Case "8"
       Case Else   'Send user back to Main menu just in case there is no script set for a choice
      End Select

For the thrid problem, the end of call detection issue, the first line is working fine after I have changed the values in LineConfig.xml as suggested, but the rest of three ports are still not detecting the end of calls.

I am totally confused at this point.

Please advise me what to do.

Thanks.

Adding to the previous comment:

The run-time error also shows "Access is Denied." message on System level.

Maybe Running As Service configuration problem? I assigned an admin previlege for it already.

I am still trying to figure it out but a tip from you might be greater!

Thanks!

I found out the cause of the second problem.

vg.Script_Goto 2, "LeaveFunctions.vgs"

Should be written as the following, defining all default inputs exclusively:

vg.Script_Goto 2, "LeaveFunctions.vgs", "", ""

It seems to be quite different from what the online help says.

Did you guys change the Script_Goto function so that it does not work without specifying optional inputs?

Anyway, I could live with that.

But I still would like to hear from you regarding the end-of-call detection problem.

Let me know if I need to provide anything else regarding this issue.

Thanks!

Did you guys change the Script_Goto function so that it does not work without specifying optional inputs?

Have checked and yes, in v7 all COM function parameters must be specified, none are 'Optional'.

The response we got is that it was not possible to support optional parameters while providing a consistent interface for all the various external control mechanisms that van be used to integrate with VoiceGuide v7 (WCF, WebServices and COM).

We will need to update the v7 Help file to reflect this.

Regarding the end-of-call detection problem, could you please post a trace as before showing system startup. This will let us confirm if the TID_DISCONNECT definition is being correctly read in from the ConfigLine.xml file.

OK, the second problem has also gone.

Thansk for the confirmation and the explanation for the changes.

As you have requested, I am posting the trace log including the trace for the start of VG.

Like explained earlier, if I make a call and hang up via the first line (LineID = 1), there is no problem; it detects end of calls correctly.

But if I use one of the rest of three lines (The trace shows I used second line, LineID = 2), none of them detects the end of calls so I have to disconnect manually from Status Monitor.

Please make my day!

Thanks a lot again and you guys are great!

IVR_EndOfCallLog.zip

When debugging the Disconnect tones please always use a Script with one record module which records the tone played on the line, and post the recorded sound file (which will contain the disconnect tone) along with the fill traces. Only then we can see what disconnect tone was played on the line and compare that with the disconnect tones defined.

Trace shows that the TID_DISCONNECT tone is set to: f1:350:40, f2:440:40, cad:55:25,10:10, count:2

so it has not been set it to the settings that we specified a few posts back.

Pleas see the TID_DISCONNECT setting which we specified beforehand.

If you continue to have problems with Disconnect tone detection please post traces and recording as before.

Sorry, my bad: I attached the one before I have made changes.

Here's the most recent trace logs and it shows logs for two differnet lines.

The first line (dxxxB1C1) works OK. It detects hang-up tones and disconnects properly.

But the second one (dxxxB1C2) and the remaining two more lines (not appearing in the log) do not detect the end of calls.

I tried to increase <count> </count> up to 3, but it was no use either.

Thanks again for your help.

ScriptAndTone.zip