VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Call Has Been Interrupted

Hi,

I can not understand why the call is interrupted at random.

In VG.ini, I asked RESTART_TAPI on error but it does not solve anything and the next calls are systematically mislead.

How do I validate these calls. I have a Dialogic card.

Can I know the status of my line (by API) and will not restart the call if the line has been correctly set?

Thanks

log.zip

It's a big log file (over 1MB). At which call in the log file would you like us to look at and comment on?

Please provide the timestamp or the phone number called etc that would allow us to identify the call.

Sorry,

I thought having cut the log ....

It is from 112143 .... After all the events are in error

Thanks

At 112143 there is a call placed to telephone number 0608027715.

What errors/problems are you referring to? The trace does not show any errors. Please describe i detail what is the actual problem that you are encountering.

You do have some app/script doing RvGet COM calls to query some RV's ($RV[script] and $RV[temps_reponse]) in a tight loop... which is not usually good idea... you should have some pause/sleep between the queries.

I do not understand where they come from the loop. If you look at the script, I analyze the temps_reponse only once (suivi_script_longueur_msg).

Then, using the API under VB, I picked up the events of the line. At each event, it is true that I look temps_reponse but it is not a loop, only an event line.

If you look at the script, at the beginning of the communication, the communication is recorded in order to determine if it was a answer machine or a live person. If $RV[RecAnswer_RecLen100ms] < 40, then suivi_script_debut module is executed.

If we read the log, we find good run suivi_script_debut and the launch of module Accueil.

However, the communication stops there?

The script would go to the module suivi_script_accueil.

The only way to proceed to suivi_script_accueil is to press any key. The user has pressed a button but it was not recognized and the log shows that the communication was interrupted

Thanks,

The RvGet COM commands look to be coming from some external app/script, not from a VoiceGuide .vgs Script.

You should check any other applications that you have running on this system and see what they are doing with calls they make to VoiceGuide's COM RvGet function.

Trace shows that no DTMF tone was reported by the Dialogic card after the accueil.wav started playing at 112215.90, and VoiceGuide then hung up at 112234.63 - about 10 seconds after accueil.wav finished playing as no DTMF tone was detected within 10 seconds after accueil.wav completed playing.

112215.90 1 state [Accueil] Playing

112215.90 1 state [Accueil] Playing (C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\System\wave\accueil.wav)

112215.91 1 timer clear bForceClear=Faux

112215.95 1 play start ok, lPlayId=98171

112223.38 1 tw PlayEnd 1 98171

112223.38 1 play end id=98171, (current ID)

112223.40 1 event EV_PLAY_FINISHED, iCode=8001 state=1100

112223.62 1 timer set 10 EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

112223.62 1 timer set 10 EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

112223.62 1 tw DialogicEvent 129,TDX_PLAY,98171,0,0,,,

112223.63 1 event TDX_PLAY, iCode=129 state=1101

112234.63 1 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP

112234.66 1 event EV_TIMEOUT_HANGUP, iCode=9001 state=1101

In the log, I have 2 message witch I don't understand what does it means :

103632.29 1 WARN rv ScriptsPath could not be set as LineState(iLineId).iVgsIdx = 0 in StartLoadedVgs_InitLineState

103644.07 1 LsPlayMsgFinished EV_UNKNOWN_129,TDX_PLAY

I tried function of the dialogic map for detecting an answer machine or a live person but an answering machine depending on the quality of the communication or audio message ... the result is very uncertain ....

In the case of live person detected, I detect the length of the welcome message (set silence to 10), but if several people speak in the same room the message appears longer and the call is therefore seen as a answer machine!

So, concretely, full of errors are generated by calls and alarm messages are not issued.

I would like to have a concrete example.

My example is simple. I have a phone number. I don't want the reminder in case of failure. I wish to call immediately. I must send an audio message. How to be sure that this message is sent at a live person or a answer machine ?

Thanks

VoiceGuide's Telephone number loader lets you specify two scripts for outbound calls. One to be used when the Dialogic card informs us that a live person answered the call, and another that will be used if the Dialogic card informs us that an answering machine answered the call.

Have you tried just specifying the two separate scripts (each script just play a message using a Play module) and seeing how reliable the results are? You will never get 100% accuracy, but the Dialogic card is the best there is at detecting live vs machine answer.

Yes this is already done.

In fact, my example is a bit more complicated.

In the case of the detection of a live person, I must make it possible for the user to press 2 to cancel the alarm while in the case of an answer machine, we need only wait for the tone to leave the message.

How to optimize all of this ?

Thank for show me an example

So for the "Answering Machine" option you would just specify a script which consists of a single Play module, and for a "Line Answer" option you would specify a script which plays a message and accepts caller input and does whatever you need to do to "turn off the alarm".

Have you created those scripts? Please post the scripts and the trace of outgoing calls and a detailed explanation of what is the actual problem that you are encountering.

I joined the scripts to my first message (log.zip file).

The script synthese_vocale is launched in the case of live person, synthese_vocale_repondeur in the case of a answer machine.

The scripts functioning properly. The only problem is that often, a answer machine is detected while it is a live person.

Identifying an answering machine works perfectly in the case of a phone switched off.

However, if the phone is switched on and if the call is not taken, then the answering machine detection is much more complicated and depends on the quality of the welcome message.

I could disable the identification of a machine, but then how do I know if I have left a message in the case of an answering machine undetected (repeat the audio message after the tone ... in hope that the lengths welcome message almost all the same ..... ) ?

Thanks

Looking at the Synthese_vocale.vgs script (the one attached in first post of this thread) we can see that you are trying to determine yourself within the script whether call is Answering Machijne or a Live Person (by doing some recording and then looking at the drecording length).

Don't try to do this within the script. Let the Dialogic card do this for you.

I removed the unnecessary part of the script. Use the script attached to this post and specify the settings like this:

For "Live Answer" field:

c:\path\Synthese_vocale_new.vgs|suivi_script_debut

For the "Answer Machine" field:

c:\path\Synthese_vocale_new.vgs|Accueil_repondeur

(replace "c:\path" with the location of your Synthese_vocale_new.vgs)

Synthese_vocale_new.vgs

Ok, I will leave the map dialogic manage

When you talk about fields "Live answer" and "Answer Machine", it is fields related to the execution of Dialer_OutDialQueAdd?

I need change sScript with parameter "c: \ path \ Synthese_vocale_new.vgs | suivi_script_debut" and sOnAnswerMachine with "c: \ path \ Synthese_vocale_new.vgs | Accueil_repondeur" (personal path) ?

When you talk about fields "Live answer" and "Answer Machine", it is fields related to the execution of Dialer_OutDialQueAdd?

Yes. Also look at fields in the Outbound Call Loader.

I need change sScript with parameter "c: \ path \ Synthese_vocale_new.vgs | suivi_script_debut" and sOnAnswerMachine with "c: \ path \ Synthese_vocale_new.vgs | Accueil_repondeur" (personal path) ?

Yes.

Thank you for your helpful reply ...

I have another problem :

The caller is in a very noisy place.

The card dialogic detects an answer machine.... but never silence is detected therefore communication eventually be cut.

Is it possible to stop the detection of the answer machine when the corresponding (seen as a machine) presses a button?

Thanks

When the person answering the call says "hello" or something similar then the Dialogic card should detect live speech, unless it has mistook background noise as a "machine answer".

I think what you want to do is to specify IGNORE for the Answering Machine message.

from http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...allistinto.htm:

If IGNORE is specified in this field then VoiceGuide will ignore Dialogic's advice that an answering machine was detected and will just start the script/file specified in the "when a real person answers" text box.

We can include an option in v7 that interrupts VoiceGuide's "waiting for Answering Machine message to finish" stage when the DTMF tone is pressed, and starts the live person script instead. Please contact sales@voiceguide.com if you would like this feature included in the version of VoiceGuide that you purchase.

I don't want to remove the detection of the answer machine because this detection works well.

The problem comes when a conversation is parasitized by noises.

I wanted to know if the caller could stop the detection by pressing a button.

Apparently it is possible to version 7. The problem is that the operating system is w2000 and version 7 can not install on this system. This option is it really not available in the version 6 ?

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com with your request.

Please indicate in your email that you want to: To interrupt VoiceGuide's "waiting for Answering Machine message to finish" stage when the DTMF tone is pressed, and start the "Live person" script instead.