VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dial Out, With A Timeout

Hi,

My system has an autoattendant like feature - one option, directs the call to an outside help desk. If they don't answer the call in 10 seconds, I would like to record the call and send an email. Everything is working except for the 10 second redirect.

The results we close but not right

I tried Dial Out and Conference with two settings,

Voice or Answering Maching - Listen for Disconnect

Rang the phone - when the timeout occured it did follow the call path I expect, but the other line did not disconnect it keeps trying the other line. When the time out happens I want it to stop trying to connect.

THe other options - Immediately after dialing - ignored the timeout. I am working with Dialogic cards - what is the proper sitting.

Thanks,

Paul

The "Monitored" or "Announced" Dial and Conference would be the options to try.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which capture the problem call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

The "Monitored" or "Announced" Dial and Conference would be the options to try.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which capture the problem call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Attached is my script and the log - the most recent call is what to look for. I have tried this several ways, it appears that when the timeout is reached it goes to the S script (this is good), but it keeps the other line open - and if they pickup and then hangup - it drops the inbound call. All I want is if the call is picked up in 10 seconds, to go down that path (the call is recorded so its not a transfer), other record. Whatever options you want me to set is fine.

Thanks for your help.

Paul

Please update to the version of VG v7 now available from the Downloads page, and post traces as before if the problem still persists.

HI,

I installed the new 7.05 and now my system is not working. I tried to go back to x.05 which was working but not luck. It fails on the compare and then goes to my hangup. The script has been working for months. Very confused

Hi,

Since installed the New Voice Guide - my script (working for almost 6 months) fails. It is trying to record a wav file

I create the the string

'strRecFileName = "d:\voice\" & "$RV[CALLID]"&"_" & sDateTimeStamp & "_$RV_CIDNUMBER.wav"

I know the $RV[CALLID] has a value..

Attached is my script and log file.

I also noticed that my line status monitor is still trying to hang up line 1 - its been an hour. Can you please look at this too.

$RV[CALLID] is not defined anywhere on the script.

Maybe you should assign a unique value to the $RV[CALLID] at the beginning of the script?

Eg: $RV_YY$RV_MM$RV_HH$RV_NN$RV_SS$RV_LINEID

I also noticed that my line status monitor is still trying to hang up line 1 - its been an hour. Can you please look at this too.

Will look into and advise.

The attached traces show that a script "v1.vgs" is used to answer the calls. Please post the "v1.vgs" script. The script posted was "c3.vgs"

HI,

The Startup event of V1 is V3... The issue is with VBS called S. Its not building a filename which is useable. This was working until I installed the new version and even though I had the old exe - when I tried to install it it would not work either. This script (V1) had been working for almost 6 months and its dead now to.

Plus, its not hanging up the lines properly. In the Line Status Monitor Application it shows that I have two lines in use one with 9000 seconds and counting. This was an old problem with VG7 which adam fixed in 7.03.

Please help.

Paul

v1.vgs

In module you have a path:

on {timeout 1} goto [RECORD]

And we can see from traces that 1 second is not enough for that VBScript to complete. The VBScript is being terminated by VoiceGuide (due to the timeout path) before it has a chance to do the Run_ResultReturn:

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "[REC]{" & strFile & "}" & "[RECORD]{"& strRecFileName & "}"

Best way to debug what the VBScript is doing is to place Admin_TraceLogAdd calls within the VBScript and see in vgEngine trace which messages from the Admin_TraceLogAdd get printed. This should let you see what is the execution path of the VBScript.

see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tracelogadd.htm

In module you have a path:

on {timeout 1} goto [RECORD]

And we can see from traces that 1 second is not enough for that VBScript to complete. The VBScript is being terminated by VoiceGuide (due to the timeout path) before it has a chance to do the Run_ResultReturn:

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "[REC]{" & strFile & "}" & "[RECORD]{"& strRecFileName & "}"

Best way to debug what the VBScript is doing is to place Admin_TraceLogAdd calls within the VBScript and see in vgEngine trace which messages from the Admin_TraceLogAdd get printed. This should let you see what is the execution path of the VBScript.

see: http://www.voiceguide.com/vghelp/source/ht...tracelogadd.htm

Can you please check the release again. My system is not timing out. I know this - the version change of VoiceGuide changed something, but I am not sure what. I believe that I have raised an error condition - do you have an error path yet. I use this logic in all my scripts so its odd. Plus I can't explain why its not propertly terminating the lines. I will put in the debugging to see how far it goes.

Please look into the hangup issue..

Paul

We'd need to see the ktTel trace to see why that outgoing call has failed.

Please post the vgEngine and ktTel traces together fro the problem calls in future. We need to see both traces to fully see what is happening on the system.

We'd need to see the ktTel trace to see why that outgoing call has failed.

Please post the vgEngine and ktTel traces together fro the problem calls in future. We need to see both traces to fully see what is happening on the system.

Thanks. I will do that in a few hours.

I believe the this version of 7.05 has a syntax issue which was resolved before.

These two lines worked but now I am not sure if the "" are needed or causing the issue.

cmd.Parameters("@pDNIS").Value = "$RV_DNIS"

if "61416288252" = "$RV_CIDNUMBER" then

The scripts I have work on my V6 system.

Thanks I appreciate it but my clients are still upset.

Paul

Both the VBScript lines you quote are fine.

You can use Admin_TraceLogAdd to confirm the VBScript path execution and confirm what is happening.

HI,

Here are the logs, script and vbs file. THe code which is causing the system to fail works on my voice guide 6 system and has not be touched in 6 months. THe problem I had was in the timeout in the dialout and transfer not freeing up the line.

I can see voiceguide call my sql server and insert a row, if I run the VBS file by itself I see it return values and display them. Did the syntax of \\

strResultVariables= "[CALLID]{"& SID & "}" & "[PHONE]{"& Phone & "}" & "{"& Email & "}" & "[ANNOUNCE]{"& Announce & "}"& "[NAME]{"& Name & "}"

vg.Admin_TraceLogAdd iLineId, 5, strResultVariables

'make sure the returned data does not contain any commas

strResultVariables = replace(strResultVariables, ",", "")

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, strResultVariables

THis change. Also now that TraceLogAdd is turned on - where does it go?

I think something changed in this version of VG but I can't tell what - I am seeing the parameters I am passing to SQL so this is not it.

THanks,

Paul

A lot more testing and this is what I found, with V7.05 this is what happens,

If my vg transfers a call once that call is picked up, if that close hangs up first, the line can remain open. If the caller (inbound) drops first all is well.

If I do a dialout and conf announced : After dialing listen for disconnect tone :

and have these settings: on {success} goto [RecordCall]

on {fail} goto [T2]

on {timeout 10} goto [T2]

on {1} goto [RecordCall]

When the timeout occurs, the hangup event fires on BOTH LINES. It then runs the step as reguested - the problem is that it dropped in the inbound line.

If you look at the bottom of the log I sent you you will be able to see this,

state dialing 19495527837 (for conference with dtiB1T23)

004053.441 14 46 on-hold sound file defined. Play on-hold file while dialing.

004053.441 14 46 timer clear (force=False)

004053.457 14 46 play start ok, playId=880250

004053.457 14 46 timer set 10 EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE

004053.457 14 6 waiting till outcome of outgoing call leg known, as CallProgressOption=DX_OPTDIS. Play OnHold file if present.

004053.457 8 6 ev CallState sEvent=LINECALLSTATE_DIALING, hDevice=41943174, iEvent=2 ,16,0,,,]

004053.457 8 6 callstate: DIALING crn=41943174,ev=2,LINECALLSTATE_DIALING,0,0

004053.457 8 46 LsXfer_6_dc_WaitOutcomeOutgoingCall_InLeg : [DC_LEG2_DIALING], 0(EV_UNKNOWN_0),16,0,0,,,), xferType=33, leg2=6

004053.457 8 46 path {DC_LEG2_DIALING} not found

004053.457 8 6 FireEvent_RemotingIf_VgEngine DIALING 41943174

004054.582 8 6 ev Dialogic 2081,GCEV_ALERTING, crn=0x2800086 (41943174), 2081,0,0,,,

004054.582 8 todo change GCEV_ALERTING to fire through callstate event

004054.582 8 6 state dialing 19495527837 (for conference with dtiB1T23) Ringing...

004054.582 8 6 LsXferWaitOutcomeOutgoingCall_OutLeg : 2081,[GCEV_ALERTING],2081,0,0,,,

004054.582 8 46 LsXfer_6_dc_WaitOutcomeOutgoingCall_InLeg : [DC_LEG2_GCEV_ALERTING], 2081(EV_UNKNOWN_2081),2081,0,0,,,), xferType=33, leg2=6

004054.582 8 46 path {DC_LEG2_GCEV_ALERTING} not found

004104.378 4 46 timer fired EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE

004104.378 4 46 LsXfer_6_dc_WaitOutcomeOutgoingCall_InLeg : [EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE], 9002(EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE),0,0,0,,,), xferType=33, leg2=6

004104.378 4 46 path {EV_TIMEOUT_GOTOMODULE} not found

004104.378 4 6 LsXferWaitOutcomeOutgoingCall_OutLeg : 9002,[DC_LEG2_EV_TIMEOUT],0,0,0,,,

004104.378 4 6 lsXfer_6_dc_leg2 leg1 end call event sCode=DC_LEG2_EV_TIMEOUT

004104.378 4 6 HangupCall ('and any associated'=True), source=xfer_6_leg2 remote

004104.378 4 6 state Hanging up call... [xfer_6_leg2 remote]

004104.378 4 6 rv add [Hangup Source]{xfer_6_leg2 remote}

004104.378 4 6 HangupAny2ndLegs (46)

004104.378 4 46 HangupCall ('and any associated'=False), source=2nd leg (Hangup Call)

004104.378 4 46 state Hanging up call... [2nd leg (Hangup Call)]

004104.378 4 46 rv add [Hangup Source]{2nd leg (Hangup Call)}

004104.394 4 46 play PlaySoundStop ok

004104.394 4 46 DropCall_ScriptRunStateAware start (hCall=41943173)

004104.394 4 46 timer set 30 EV_TIMEOUT_WAITFORIDLEAFTERDropCall

004104.394 4 46 DropCall_ScriptRunStateAware end

004104.394 4 6 DropCall_ScriptRunStateAware start (hCall=41943174)

004104.394 4 6 timer set 30 EV_TIMEOUT_WAITFORIDLEAFTERDropCall

004104.394 4 6 DropCall_ScriptRunStateAware end

004104.394 4 46 FindNextVgmTitleInPathList: next module title is=[T2]

004104.394 4 46 going down timeout path

004104.394 4 46 timer clear (force=False)

004104.394 4 46 timer clear ignored - waiting for line re-init to occur first (EV_TIMEOUT_WAITFORIDLEAFTERDropCall)

I also have had the system no free up the 2nd leg, when the first leg drops.

Please help - I have been at this almost 14 hours trying to work around.

Paul

Calling it a day..

I don't know what is wrong with the 7.05 build on your site, it does not allow me to save $RV[xxxx] between modules. After about 200 phone calls, I uninstalled 7.05, rebooted then reinstalled the older version of 7.05 and my system started to work.

I still have the orignal bug, I would like to dial out and transfer a call but if the call does not pick up in x seconds, then continue playing the script. When I did with the current calls, when the timeout event is reached, the call is hung up on both lines, not just outgoing line.

Also, on occasion it would not dialout. I would have to hang up and our again.

Here is a log of the it dialing out and not actually reaching the other site,

Hi,

Since upgrading to V7.05 - I have starting seeing a new problem. I have a script which connects a caller with an out side operator.

If the caller drops the call no problem. If the call is hung up on line two it does not alls drop the call. I have attached a print screen of three lines which are still held open as well as the log files. If it helps, when I first start VG the first couple call - don't go through. Throughout the day the number of lines which are not freed up grow.

Thanks

We've looked at the dropping of the calls on inbound leg and the outbound lines not being released in some cases.

We can see a number of errors from the Dialogic drivers in the ktTel trace.

Which 'Service Update' version of the SR6.0 drivers is installed on this system?

it does not allow me to save $RV[xxxx] between modules

Not sure what you mean by this. Please post the trace and a vgEngine trace capturing a call showing this problem and indicate at what module and $RV we should be looking at.

We've looked at the dropping of the calls on inbound leg and the outbound lines not being released in some cases.

We can see a number of errors from the Dialogic drivers in the ktTel trace.

Which 'Service Update' version of the SR6.0 drivers is installed on this system?

it does not allow me to save $RV[xxxx] between modules

Not sure what you mean by this. Please post the trace and a vgEngine trace capturing a call showing this problem and indicate at what module and $RV we should be looking at.

HI,

I am not sure the best way to check, but when I looked at the Dialogic Configuration Manager - V6.0 PCI, Build 160.

The version of 7.05 which I downloaded - when I installed it - my scripts which ran previously began to fail. What I realized that it was not passing information between the modules, I ended up unstalling, rebooting, reinstalling the older release and my system worked. My scripts are pretty simple and now it does not appear to being hanging up. Attached is a print screen of the status monitor.

post-2711-1206426106_thumb.jpg

Regarding the lines not hanging up: Can you provide access to this machine using www.logmein.com? If yes then please email login details to suport@voiceguide.com and include a link to this forum thread in the email.

Again not sure what you mean by "it was not passing information between the modules". We would need to see the trace of a call, and an indication what "information" (do you mean Result Variable?) was not passed or set by a module. The trace would show what RVs were set and how the call progressed.

Have updated that system to the latest version of VG v7 and tested both the transfer timeout and hangup while 2nd line is ringing scenarios. In both cases the 2nd leg of the transfer was hung up fine.

Also the VoiceGuide script was amended to change the {Timeout 0} paths in a VBScript module to have a larger timeout. The {Timeout 0} path was aborting the VBScript module before it had a chance to run, resulting in the other issues that the user reported.