VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Bug Report For Voiceguide 7.0.5

Hi dear Sir/Madam

Voiceguide 7.0.5 will not start if system event viewer reach to maximum size. it seem it not delete olds events.

I mean when (SYSTEM)\EventViewer\VoiceGuide events beome full voiceguide service will not start without any notification or error.

Best Regards

Can you post the vgEngine trace that is created when the service is started. We can then see in the trace the precise cause of the problem.

Can you post the vgEngine trace that is created when the service is started. We can then see in the trace the precise cause of the problem.

Where is vgEngine trace? to simulate the problem just send many event in your voiceguide event system. after if full they voiceguide will not start again.

Where is vgEngine trace?

The vgEngin trace (and other traces) is found in VoicdeGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

to simulate the problem just send many event in your voiceguide event system. after if full they voiceguide will not start again

What do you man by the "voiceguide event system" ?

What 'events' are you sending in the 'voiceguide event system' ?

Please describe in full detail what you are doing and provide an example.

>>What do you man by the "voiceguide event system"?

"Vocise guide system event" is events that voice guide put in "c:\WINDOWS\system32\config" when report something and it is differ from "c:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\Config"

To see "Vocise guide system event" go to "ControlPanel -> Administrative Tools -> Event Viewer->VoiceGuide"

I saw this problem and some other applications to. This list has limitation and old event should deleted by application. But unfortunately when this list become full voiceguide service can't start. I thought it is exception that not handled by voiceguide.

>>What 'events' are you sending in the 'voiceguide event system'?

I do not sent this event. Voiceguide send this events itself.

Can you please save the Events from the VoiceGuide log as text (this is an option available in the Events Viewer) and .zIP up the file and post it here.

Can you please save the Events from the VoiceGuide log as text (this is an option available in the Events Viewer) and .zIP up the file and post it here.

Hi

I prefer to clean it each time when it become full.

Best Regards

The vgEngine trace should still be on the system - in VoiceGuide's \log\ subdirectory.

Could you please post the vgEngine trace which shows the system erroring on startup.

We just checked on our test machines and the VoiceGuide Events log is being automatically overwritten as needed.

Have you perhaps changed the default setting away from the default "Overwrite Events" setting to the "Do not overwrite" setting instead ?

See the Event Log properties page.

We just checked on our test machines and the VoiceGuide Events log is being automatically overwritten as needed.

Have you perhaps changed the default setting away from the default "Overwrite Events" setting to the "Do not overwrite" setting instead ?

See the Event Log properties page.

Hi

Thank you

I see default voiceguide settings is overwrite event older than 7 days and in my case before 7 day became full. I set it to ocerwrite event as needed.

Best Regards

How big was the Event Log's size set to? We have never had any issues with this Event log filling up in the 7 days beforehand

This Event Log was superseded by the text log files saved by VoiceGuide v7 in the \log\ subdirectory. If it is causing problems like this then we'll probably remove writing to this event log altogether in future releases of VG v7.