VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Introductory Questions

Brad wrote:

I just signed up with a Vonage business line, will your VoiceGuide software work with the voice modem by itself, or will I also need to buy a Dialogic card? Is there any documentation on how to configure with a voice modem?

If I need a Dialogic card to use my Vonage line, what kind will I need? I plan on having a fax machine (2 Vonage lines, one for fax, and one for incoming calls). Would you suggest haveing 3 lines (one for fax, and 2 for calls)?

How does the text to speech functionality work? Do I need to buy another software from Microsoft, or is the text to speech functionality already baked into

your Enterprise product?

To understand better, I was looking at one of your scripts, will the software speak in a voice of your choice and say exactly what is typed in after the Txt= command (In blue below)?

[Welcome] Type=Play DispSize=69 Txt=Enter 1 if you know the extension you are calling, 2 for sales, 3 for Service, 4 for Accounts, 0 for receptionist or 9 to go to the voicemail menu Replay=0,0 strTtsText= On {1} Goto [Get Extension] On {2} Goto [sales] On {3} Goto [service] On {4} Goto [Accounts Payable] On {0}

Goto [Reception] On {9} Goto [Voicemail Box Menu] Position=174,29 Thanks for you help.

Brad

will your VoiceGuide software work with the voice modem by itself, or will I also need to buy a Dialogic card?

Recommend you purchase a Dialogic card.

Is there any documentation on how to configure with a voice modem?

No.

If I need a Dialogic card to use my Vonage line, what kind will I need?

If you need to do Dial-And-Conference transfers (dialing out on another line and connecting tow calls together) then you will need a D/41JCT card. Otherwise a D/4PCIUF card is fine.

I plan on having a fax machine (2 Vonage lines, one for fax, and one for incoming calls). Would you suggest having 3 lines (one for fax, and 2 for calls)?

The number of lines depend on how many calls you want the system to handle at the same time. If you need to do Dial-And-Conference transfers then you will need another line plugged into the Dialogic card to handle the outgoing leg of the call.

How does the text to speech functionality work? Do I need to buy another software from Microsoft,

A free TTS engine is provided when you install Microsoft's SAPI (SAPI is free). Better sounding TTS engines can be purchased form around $35. See our Downloads page

the software will speak what is specified after the strTtsText= tag. Recommend you use the Script Designer to edit the scripts. It’s easier to use then editing the .vgs file by hand in a text editor.