VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Wave File Background Noise

I've recently implemented voiceguide using a simple script to inform our customers of our business. The script contains only 2 modules. 1. playback, 2. Hangup.

I've had the recording recorded using our media technologies department and listened to the recording prior to using it in VoiceGuide. The recording sounded crystal clear when using MediaPlayer for Windows, However after placing it within VG and then a caller dials the number and listens to the script, there is significant background noise that is very distracting.

I've called into the script using a cell phone as well as a land line and I get the same results.

Can you tell me how to rectify this situation?

I take it that you are using a Dialogic card... ?

Is the sound file recorded in 11kHz, 8bit Mono ?

When you attach a normal phone to this line and call that phone can you hear the noise - if yes then you'll need to speak to your phone company about getting the lines fixed.

Sometimes the Dialogic card needs to have a "Parameter File" specified which will "tune" it's analog interface to the types of telephone lines used in your area - this is specified in the "Parameter File" setting in the "Misc" tab of the Dialogic Configuration Manager. You will need to contact your local Intel/Dialogic distributor/reseller to find out which parameter file should be used in your area.