VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg Hanging On Hanp Up

I have 23 line that are handling between 3000 & 3500 calls each 24 hrs.

Every once in a while the VG Line Status Monitor show a line hanging with this message:

Hanging up call [Loop Current Off ( non-xfer vgm)]

What may be causing this line to hang and what does the message mean?

The message means that the Dialogic card reported a loop current drop on that line, and VG is configured to hangup the call if a loop current drop occurs.

Are you running Robbed Bit or ISDN (or Analog)?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

The message means that the Dialogic card reported a loop current drop on that line, and VG is configured to hangup the call if a loop current drop occurs.

Are you running Robbed Bit or ISDN (or Analog)?

Which version of VoiceGuide are you using?

23 line Analog.

V7.

When one of the lines hangs, I've tried removing the line out of port so I know it is receiving a open loop current, but nothing changes. The line monitor shows no change. If I highlight the line then click on the hang up phone at the up of the line monitor it than hangs up and starts working again.

I looked at the log folder and there are a lot of logs there. It looks like it starts a new log every time the old one hits 9700 KB. I'll try to get the right log the next time it happens. For the next 3 months the system runs 24 hrs a day and will handle 10,000s of registration calls.

If you know what date/time this last happened you can post the relevant excerpts from ktTel and VgEngine traces.

You should be able to search though the vgm logs for: "Loop Current Off ( non-xfer vgm)]" to find when this happened. Then note down the time and cut an extract from the ktTel log converting that time as well. Give us abut 15 minutes on both sides of the "Loop Current Off ( non-xfer vgm)]" report.

The logs can be deleted if you want and just wait till next time it happens, and take the relevant extracts then.

When I came this morning line # 3 was hung. So I copied the log before and after 12:00 AM. Maybe you can find something in them.

How large are the traces?

Please .ZIP up the traces and the script used and post them here.