VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Trouble Dialing Out

Ok, now the dialer dials out, (i hear the modem dialing the number,

and it says the numberunder state: dialing 0545994582) but then

immediately after it dials, it says under state: waiting for call,

then it starts dialing again, and then again waiting for call. this

keeps on going on.

the phone that it is calling does not ring.

It looks like it dials and then hangs up and does not wait for it to

ring and answer and then play the message. and then It looks like it

keeps on trying to dial since it knows that the call was not made.

We'll need to see the traces to see what is happening with this modem, but whatever is the underlying cause is we would not be able to change how the modem operates and we recommend getting a Dialogic card instead...

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

We'll need to see the traces to see what is happening with this modem, but whatever is the underlying cause is we would not be able to change how the modem operates and we recommend getting a Dialogic card instead...

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

Here are the filses!

0212vgm.txt

0212tw.txt

0212tnl.txt

0212sw.txt

Trace shows that in most cases soon after dialing the modem indicates that the call is DISCONNECTED. Most likely the modem mistakes the ringback tone for a disconnected tone - this is fairly common with modems...

In v5 please specify VG Scripts (and not .WAV files) for the "OnAnswer" field.

Trace shows that in most cases soon after dialing the modem indicates that the call is DISCONNECTED. Most likely the modem mistakes the ringback tone for a disconnected tone - this is fairly common with modems...

In v5 please specify VG Scripts (and not .WAV files) for the "OnAnswer" field.

I purchased a dialogic proline 2v , but it does not fit into the slot of the new computers, is there any adaptor of any way of installing it into my computer?

Proline 2v is an old ISA card. You will not be able to use it in modern computers which use PCI slots.

Suggest you purchase a D/4PCIUF card instead. Then you can use v7 of VoiceGuide.

Proline 2v is an old ISA card. You will not be able to use it in modern computers which use PCI slots.

Suggest you purchase a D/4PCIUF card instead. Then you can use v7 of VoiceGuide.

This modem works and dials out using other programs such as winfax, so the problem is not from the modem.

Proline 2v is not a modem. You would not be able to use Proline 2v or any other Dialogic cards from Winfax etc.

If you are referring to an actual modem, then note that Winfax etc does not try to use modems in "Voice" mode. The problems that you are seeing occur when modem placed in "Voice" mode. Most modems do not work well in Voice mode.

Many people spend time trying to get modem(s) working but after a while they realize that it is a waste of time to try to do so.

We recommend you save yourself time and just buy a current model Dialogic card if you are serious about setting up a properly working system.

Proline 2v is not a modem. You would not be able to use Proline 2v or any other Dialogic cards from Winfax etc.

If you are referring to an actual modem, then note that Winfax etc does not try to use modems in "Voice" mode. The problems that you are seeing occur when modem placed in "Voice" mode. Most modems do not work well in Voice mode.

Many people spend time trying to get modem(s) working but after a while they realize that it is a waste of time to try to do so.

We recommend you save yourself time and just buy a current model Dialogic card if you are serious about setting up a properly working system.

I understand, my netodragon voice modem works with winfax because it is being used in fax mode, and not in voice mode.

I can not install the proline v2 into a modern computer.

does it make sence for me to get an old computer with the old big slots, and installing the proline v2 into it and then installing voiceguide into that computer?

does it make sence for me to get an old computer with the old big slots, and installing the proline v2 into it and then installing voiceguide into that computer?

It's probably better to purchase a current model Dialogic card. eg. D/4PCIUF

i am sure that it is better, but That costs 500$, and it is too expensive for me.

will the proline 2v work with an old computer using voiceguide or will i just have more trouble.

alternately, is there a voice modem that works good enough that you can suggest?

I basicaly need to dial out to people and leave a message.

i am sure that it is better, but That costs 500$, and it is too expensive for me.

will the proline 2v work with an old computer using voiceguide or will i just have more trouble.

You can try, but it's an old card and you will need to find the Dialogic drivers which can be used with that card. You will need SR5.1.1 SP1 drivers. Not sure if SR5.1.1 FP1 would work. You will need to try and see.

is there a voice modem that works good enough that you can suggest?

No. No such modem exists.

You can try, but it's an old card and you will need to find the Dialogic drivers which can be used with that card. You will need SR5.1.1 SP1 drivers. Not sure if SR5.1.1 FP1 would work. You will need to try and see.

is there a voice modem that works good enough that you can suggest?

No. No such modem exists.

where can i download the driver from?