VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Voip

Hi Support Staff,

I am still a little unclear as to the best method for voip, i have read posts that state voip lines can be plugged into dialogic cards and i have also read that no cards are needed for a voip implementation, are these methods both true? for instance, i could setup voip through ethernet with several phone converters and or possibly a mass hub, i am looking to grow into a 24 + line system.

HMP lic costs: can you tell me how much a 24 channel licence would cost?

is voip the the most cost efficient solution for 24+ channels?

voip setup using VONAGE: i have opened a Vonage account, i am in the process of setting it up but i need some guideance for this.

enclosed is a copy of config.xml, please take a look at it and let me know how it looks.

Port forwarding, port triggering or DMZ host, which is the prefered method to use for VG?

i need to know which start port and which end port should be used for Port forwarding or port triggering.

below is a list.

Service . Protocol . Port Number

HTTP TCP 80

FTP TCP 21

TFTP UDP 69

SMTP Both 25

POP3 TCP 110

NNTP TCP 119

Telnet Both 23

IRC TCP 194

SNMP Both 161

Finger TCP 79

Gopher TCP 70

Whois TCP 43

Rtelnet TCP 107

LDAP Both 389

UUCP TCP 540

which protocal should i use?

Protocal: UDP, TCP or both?

When i open up voigeguide properties in services, i click on dependencies and the feilds are empty and shaded meaing i don't see any option for making a selection. what doyou recommend for troubleshooting this issue?

Finally, is there a link i could got to where i can study illustrations of various VOIP methods or successful implementaions for Voiceguide?

config.xml_example.zip

If you are looking to setup a 24 channel VoIP system you should first confirm that you have adequate network connectivity between your servers and the VoIP providers Switch.

Each VoIP channel requires about 80kbs if you would want to use the G711 codes which deliver good sound quality. So for a 24 line system you would need a 24*80=1920kbps connection to the VoIP providers Switch.

Can your network connection carry 1920kbps each way? Is it guaranteed not the delay or drop packets?

Unless you are locating your server in a Data Center next to the VoIP providers switch then the answer to the above is probably not.

You will not be able to get 24 line system working over an average ADSL connection. You need to get a special high capacity connection with guaranteed bandwidth. Speak to your local internet providers to see what options and prices they offer.

It is fairly hard to set up the network to handle 24+ VoIP connections and just using a T1 ISDN line may be a quicker and easier option for you. Speak to the phone companies in your area to see what options and prices they offer.