VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Busy Tone !

hi

i have been using voice guide 6 trial and it was fine till it suddenly started to give me busy tone each time i call it while the status portion says the sound file is playing.

i tried a demo came with my dialogic card and it worked normally

any idea what's happening ?

regards

Perhaps the previous call to the system has not yet hung up, and this is why the new call cannot be connected?

Can you confirm the system is actually answering the call when you place a call into it?

hey sir,

Perhaps the previous call to the system has not yet hung up, and this is why the new call cannot be connected?

no .. i dont call untill the state is "waiting for a call" .. and this problems occurs from the first call anyways

Can you confirm the system is actually answering the call when you place a call into it?

yes .. the call is answered .. and the state changes to playing a file .. but at the phone i only hear the busy tone

i attached the log of the call .. perhaps that'd help.

regards

0126vgm.zip

Try increasing the number of Rings after which VoiceGuide answers the call on that line.

If you dial the number do you then hear the busy signal immediately, while at the same time VoiceGuide reports that it is hearing the RING signals arriving?

If that is happening then there is something wrong with the PBX or with the Phone company's switch.

from where can i increase the number of rings before answering the call ?!

and if the problem is with the pbx or the phone company's switch .. why the demo came with the dialogic card is working well ?

regards.

The number of rings before call is answered is set in Config.xml file.

Once the number of rings is increased you will be able to see whether you can hear the busy tone immediately when the IVR hears ringing, or only after the IVR answers the call (and hear ringing before call is answered)

I increased the number of rings to for .. however, i hear the busy tone immediately .. so what that means ?

If the caller hears a busy tone while the line is ringing then looks like there is something wrong with the PBX or the Telco's switch.

You should contact the PBX supplier or the Telco which is providing the lines. The PBX/Switch should not be ringing a line and at the same time playing a busy tone which indicates that it cannot ring a line.

For another test you can try taking the line that is attached to the Dialogic card and plugging it into a normal handset, and seeing if you have that handset ringing whilst the caller hears a busy tone.