VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Time Switch Module

I'm testing scripts that I am using on V5 on the V7 upgrade.

1) The Time Switch module is following the TRUE path in the modules that use the between time. The only way I can get it to go FALSE is to uncheck the day of the week boxs. I can put any times in and it alway gos to the TRUE. The modules that use the Date/Time seem to be working OK.

2) how do I turn on the VBScript error message Box, so if my VBScript has an error it show the message box with error?

3) How do I turn on the Trace Log and where is it saved?

4) How do I get V7 to see the loop current drop at caller hangup?

1) The Time Switch module is following the TRUE path in the modules that use the between time. The only way I can get it to go FALSE is to uncheck the day of the week boxes. I can put any times in and it always goes to the TRUE. The modules that use the Date/Time seem to be working OK.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Trace files are by default created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

2) how do I turn on the VBScript error message Box, so if my VBScript has an error it show the message box with error?

VoiceGuide v7 runs as Windows service. You will not be able to see any error messages that were displayed by scripts running under v5/v6.

3) How do I turn on the Trace Log and where is it saved?

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart the VG service.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

4) How do I get V7 to see the loop current drop at caller hangup?

The Dialogic card will report this automatically and VG will hangup the call when it is reported. No special settings need to be made.

I have upload a zip with logs and scripts. Please note two problems

1) in lines 081640.468 the Time Switch [Application period daily update] states "falls within" 05:45:00 - 06:00:00 when the call was received at 8:16. So it always takes the TRUE path.

2) I hung up the phone before the sound file had stop playing and our monitor showed an open loop, but VG did not stop playing the sound file. Play sound file is a few lines on down from the Time Switch lines.

Logs_And_Script_From_Tom_Storey.zip

We have identified the problems which you mention and the new version of VG v7 available now from [old link removed] fixes this problem. Please download and update to this new version.

Also, in Evaluate Expression modules please use quotes if you would like the value to be evaluated to a string. eg:

"Caller Received appliation period updating message"

I've downloaded V7.0.4 and installed it. I ran the script and it did not work right. Below are the first lines of the new log.It seem like the download is linked to V7.0.2xxx not V7.0.4.

101053.234 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

101053.234 5 vgEngine version: 7.0.2935.33572 (RELEASE Build)

101053.234 5 created on: Mon 14/01/2008 18:39:03.90

101053.234 5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

101053.234 5 (1/14/2008 2:38:50 AM)

101053.234 5 log level = 10

101053.234 5 used sParamsXml_file: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\config\configVg.xml

101053.234 5 used sParamsXml:

101053.234 5 used sIniFile: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\vg.ini

101053.234 5 used sAppPath: C:\Program Files\VoiceGuide\

101053.234 5 ktTel: loaded based on vg.ini selection.

101053.234 5 0 ExecutingAssembly : vgEngine, Version=7.0.2935.33572, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d826ea7f1686ca63

101053.234 5 0 ReferencedAssemblies : 10

101053.234 5 0 load: vgServices, Version=7.0.2930.38139, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a4d12f707056306b

101053.265 5 0 load: ktTelCommon, Version=1.0.2902.22521, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=81bdcc44759ecdc5

Please post the full traces and the script used, along with a description of what is the actual problem that you are encountering.

This type of flip answer from VG "SupportTeam" is what drive me up a wall!!

If you would have just looked at YOUR last reply you would know the problem, after all you said it was a VG problem.

It's the same problem you said you fixed in your last reply! As I stated in my last reply "The link to V7.0.4, that you said fixed the about state problem, ether did not link to the fixed program or the program is not fixed.

We need to see the new version's traces from your system to see what is now happening on your system.

If you have installed the new version then the traces would be different to the traces from the old version.

The new version when ran on our test system did not show any issues like what you have encountered, so we'd need to see the traces from your system to see what is happening.