VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Tts Text To Speech Problem

I am using an access 2003 and access DB and have an issue with text to speech conversion.

I have a memo field that gets only partially read (74 characters to be exact)

After reading several other posts, I have tried changing the field to a text field with 255 char. I have also tried using an ODBC connection and a direct connection to the MDB file. I have also replaced the SapiWrap.ocx as mentioned in another post.

I am using IVG 6.0.3377 Enterprise, VG Dialer, 4 Line License Dialogic 5.1.1 SP1 Board: Dialogic D4/PCI

Please advise

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the call, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

OK… I turned on logging and was reminded that I am concatenating several fields. The text size is not ironically 255 characters long. I have read several posts from others with the similar problem. Is there any simple way to get around the problem ans still use a memo fiels in access?

Thanks!

We're not clear on what is the actual problem that you are encountering.

Could you please post traces and your script. We then see what is happening and what is the problem that you are encountering.

I apologize for not being clear. Is there a way for VG to use TTS on a text field longer than 255 characters? I would like to use a memo field in an access DB for TTS if possible.

There is no limitation on the length of the TTS field.

It think what you are having is a problem with is the database you are using not returning more then 255 chard to your SQL query (?)

Using Memo fields in databases can be a bit tricky. You may need to use a ADO objects directly from VBScript to retrieve data from Memo fields.

Traces would let us confirm that.