VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

What Should I Do If I Want To Make The Sound File Stop When Any Key Is

Dear support team

I have a couple of questions:

First of all, I want to stop the sound file in the "Play module" or other modules for going to the next step when the costumer presses any key. I don’t like to make my costumer waiting until the sound file to be finished; my mean is I would like to find a way to make it possible for listener to go to the other modules when he/she decides in any time during the play sound file. what should I do?

The second, I would start my voiceguide for some CallerID numbers with specific Ring counters. For e.g. I like to run vg after 4 rings for this number: “8886666” and 3 for “2225555”, and 2 rings for others. I tried to use “$RV_RINGCOUNT” on the Evaluate Expression Module, but it doesn’t work. Please guide me about that.

Sincerely,

VoiceGuide does go onto the next module immediately when the key is pressed.

Looks like you must be using a voice modem and not a Dialogic card. Some voice modems will not interrupt the sound file they are playing and will fully play the sound file before playing the next sound file.

This is one of many reasons why we do not recommend that modems be used, and recommend getting a Dialogic card.

I would start my voiceguide for some CallerID numbers with specific Ring counters. For e.g. I like to run vg after 4 rings for this number: “8886666” and 3 for “2225555”, and 2 rings for others. I tried to use “$RV_RINGCOUNT” on the Evaluate Expression Module, but it doesn’t work. Please guide me about that.

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the incoming call.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.