VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Getting Static When Recorded Files Are Played

When calling into a voiceguide application, there is much static heard when the recorded files are played by VoiceGuide. This happens even with the Demo files, provided with VoiceGuide. What can I check or what steps can I take to correct this?

When calling into a voiceguide application, there is much static heard when the recorded files are played by VoiceGuide. This happens even with the Demo files, provided with VoiceGuide. What can I check or what steps can I take to correct this?

FYI, We are running version 6, with a dialogic voice PCI 12 port (D120JCTLSW).

Can you try running v7? v7 will deliver better sound quality then v6.

Can you let me know some things to check first, wtih version 6, please?

Can you please indicate which Dialogic card are you using?

Also, which version of Dialogic drivers is installed?

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

ktTel=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the traces and the VoiceGuide script used.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

v 7 will deliver better sound quality then v6, so it may be a good idea to just install v7 to see if it delivers significantly better sound quality for you.

We are using dialogic voice PCI 12 port (D120JCTLSW). We have four of the 12 ports set up.

The dialogic driver is version 6.

I have attached the trace files and script.

VGSupportfiles.zip

Please post the sound files RepeatCaseNumber.wav and ValidateCaseNumber.wav We can check if they re recorded in the right format for v6 use.

Have you had a chance to install and try v7?

v7 just needs to be installed din a different directory to v6, but apart from that it can be installed ion the same system and then yo have a choice of either starting v6 or using the v7 service.

I have installed version 7 a few times now, but I do not see the main voiceguide program executable, and version 6 is what runs. What is the version 7 executable that runs, besides the VoiceGuide IVR server? The VoiceGuide service seems to point to version 6. Did I not stop version 6 correctly when I installed version 7? Please instruct. Thanks!

VoiceGuide v7 runs as a Windows Service. You can use the "VoiceGuide Service Monitor" app the shows up in the icon tray to control the starting and stopping of the service.

The two versions of VG should be installed in separate directories. If you have installed them in the same directory (sounds like you did) then you should uninstall both versions and then just install the v7.

They are installed in different directories. The problem was I was not shutting down version 6, but have corrected that problem. I did listen to version 7 and did notice much improvment the voice quality, (much less static). What do I need to do to upgrade to version 7, and get registered properly. When we bought it, I did download v7, but the registery key that was sent was for v6. Thanks!

Please contact sales@voiceguide.com directly regarding getting the v6 license changed to a v7 license.