VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Anyone Managed To Test Vg With Telus (canada)?

I am currently testing VG to make a call transfer to the outside number on Telus network (Canada). I do not have a local PBX installed, just have the office line plugged in to the server with a voice modem.

I understand that I will require Dialogic card for better performance, but first I would like to prove the concept of transferring the call to a cell phone via VG.

The idea is to have a virtual office. My techs are always oncall, and to have the cost effective scheme is my goal.

VG has to make a call transfer to a cell phone on Telus analog network.

I have setup the PBX announced transfer, which seems to be working to a sertain point. The cell phone recieves the call from VG, where it prompts to press 1 to accept the call. By pressing 1 VG just hangs up the call.

I understand that the information about how Telus transfers the call will be helpfull, but I have no idea who to ask. I dought that cust service rep will know such info.

Please share if you had experiance with Telus.

What should I do, and will this work for me without installing local PBX?

Thanks in advance

Serge

Looks like the hookflash generated by the modem is too long and the first call is hung up before the second number is dialed (can original caller hear any on-hold music from the phone company?)

Can you do call transfers manually from a telephone handset attached to a Telus line? Can you describe step by step how you do that?

Notes on Call Transfers with Voice modems.

Successful call transfers first require that the modem's hookflash time to be the correct length - as expected by the telephone company.

You will need to consult with the phone company to establish the hookflash length required, and then see if that is the length that the modem generates.

Voice modems do not allow the user the set the hookflash length – that’s why we recommend using telephony cards for call transferring applications so that you can always match the cards hookflash length to what your PBX or telephone company expects.

And this is what happens when the hookflash is too short:

http://katalinatech.com/forums/index.php?a...ct=ST&f=2&t=342