VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Vg7 And Time Used For $rv Values

I am using VG7 to conference and record and I am using $RV (as below) to set the filename of the wav file. The issue is that the $RV is an hour behind the actual PC time.

I assumed that VG would get the time from the PC in all instances, but it appears that it gets it only when the service is started and any changes to the PC clock after that time are ignored. Based on this I assume I would need to restart the service to get the updated time.

Can you please advise how the time is set in VG?

I am using $RV_YY_$RV_MM_$RV_DD_$RV_HH_$RV_NN_$RV_SS_$RV_MS

Could you please post a copy of VoiceGuide's Trace Logs which captures the problem, this will allow us to see what happened.

Enable logging by setting the log levels to 10 in VG.INI as per below:

[Log]

VoiceGuide=10

Then restart VG and make a test call which demonstrates the problem.

Trace files will be created in VG's \log\ subdirectory.

Please post the.

When posting traces/scripts please .ZIP them up and post them as attachments.

I have added a log file for your review. If you perform a text search within this log file for "Orange_071205_0904" you will see that the VG time stamp for the event on the far left of the screen is 090451.234. The actual time that this occurred according to the PC was 10:04 not 09:04. This is confirmed by reviewing Windows Explorer and looking at the date the file was created and modified which uses the PC's real time and not cached/stored time.

I was able to restart the VG service during a quiet period. The issue was fixed by this restarting of the service. Having the service require a restart for clock changes is not an ideal situation for a live system so I still see this as a problem/bug moving forward.

1205_0707_vgEngine.txt

Trace shows that $RV replacement reflected the time that Windows reported to VoiceGuide when VoiceGuide asked it for the current time.

The current time can be seen in the timestamp at the beginning of each log line.

The time that Windows reports to VoiceGuide can be seen immediately by looking at the timestamp in any recent VoiceGuide trace log entries.

We did a quick test by changing the system time while VoiceGuide service was running and we found that the new time was reported to VoiceGuide immediately after the time change was applied.

You should be able to perform this test on your system - double click on the time in bottom right hand corner of screen and change the time. You should see the trace log files and RV substitution use the new system time immediately.

090451.031 17 2 state [start Recording] type: VB Script

----------

set vg = CreateObject("vgServices.CommandLink")

vg.Record_2Lines_Start $RV_LINEID, $RV[Conf_LineId_1], $RV[Conf_LineId_2], "d:\Recordings\$RV[PartyB_2_1]\$RV[PartyB_2_1]_$RV_YY$RV_MM$RV_DD_$RV_HH$RV_NN$RV_SS$RV_MS.wav", ""

vg.Run_ResultReturn $RV_LINEID, "success"

set vg = Nothing

----------

090451.234 3 2 Record_2Lines_Start [d:\Recordings\Orange\Orange_071205_09045132691.031.wav] ok