VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Answering Machine Detection

My IVR is frequently mistaking people for answering machines and answering machined for people. Attached are the logs, and advice appreciated.

Attached are logs from the last 2 days. Just let me know if you need anything else. Also, I went throught the logs and changed all of the phone numbers for privacy reasons but that is all I changed.

1129tw.zip

The Dialogic card's Human/Machine discrimination is not 100% accurate. High quality answering machines may be mistaken for a human, and humans answering on low quality lines (some mobiles etc) may be mistaken for an answering machine.

In case of an answering machine detection you may want the answering machine script check the value of:

$RV[AmWelcMsg_RecLen100ms]

If the value stored in that RV is less then about 30 (which represents 3 seconds) then most likely the party answering the call was a human and they just said "Hello" or similar.

In the traces provided the value of that $RV was always above 20 seconds, which suggests that the initial answering machine message was at least 20 seconds long - human answering the call would not usually be speaking for that long.