VoiceGuide IVR Software Main Page

Dialogic D/4pci With Siemens Hicom 130 Pbx

I know a lot of issues are being discussed about Dialogic D/4PCI, but have to get an answer for this...

Our environment:

* We run 8 line VG 4.9s attached to 2 D/4PCI's to backup live agents

* The 8 lines coming in to the 2 D/4PCI's are extension lines out of a Siemens Hicom 130 PBX.

* 10 FCTs (cell terminals) are connected to the Siemens as outside lines.

Problem:

When the caller hangs up in the middle of a module, VG keeps going until it times out although the PBX releases the outside line and can even accept a new caller on this. Then when VG times out and hangs up, I think it sends a hangup signal to the PBX causing somebody else that's "live" to be dropped.

Cause:

I think D/4PCI not realizing the caller hung up, probably not acknowledging the signal from the Siemens PBX.

Solution:

Any suggestions for the D/4PCI setting or PBX setting ?

Thanks !

== LEVENT ==

You should speak to Siemens about this...

I think it sends a hangup signal to the PBX causing somebody else that's "live" to be dropped.

When VoiceGuide times out waiting for input from the caller it just hangs up - just like a person would hang up by putting down the handset - there are no special signals of any kind sent - the line plugged into the D4PCI is an analog line and all that you can do is hang up...

To have VoiceGuide hang up immediately when the PBX detects that that the caller hangs up the PBX should be configured to either:

- do a Loop Current Drop on the line attached to the D4PCI.

or/and

- send a Disconnect tone.

D4PCI can detect loop current drop and will inform VoiceGuide of it, and VoiceGuide will then hang up

VoiceGuide is configured by default to react to DTMF key "D" as an indication of disconnect

see VG.INI file, section [PBX]:

;Dtmf tone played by PBX when the call is finished, only some PBXs indicate end of call

;using this DTMF tone. Please consult your PBX manual if it uses this or other DTMF tone,

;or if it does not use any at all..

HangupOnDtmf=D

Other disconnect tones can be detected as well - a Dialogic Tone File needs to be created using Dialogic's PBXpert application and then selected as the TSFFileName in Dialogic Configuration Manager (need to set TsFFileSupport to "Yes" as well)

Siemens Hicom 130 PBX apparently does not send "Loop Current Drop" to the D/4PCI (I applied the test mentioned in post of July 9th, titled "Script keeps running after hangup").

This leaves us with the other option: send a Disconnect Tone.

In the same post above, you also mention a DTMF tone is sent by many PBX to signify disconnect and that is usually "D". Well, I ran PBXpert to config, but it keeps failing just for Disconnect although I also tried with the SiemensHicom130-specific TSF supplied by Intel. Even if I play around with the cadence ranges to get this test to work, how do I know it's "D" tone that is sent?

Also worth mentioning is that no ParameterFile is specified in the DCM. As country I left the default "US" in there.

We're in desperate need for help here. Where is that Dialogic forum you mention and quote from in your posts?

Thanks !! ==LEVENT==

I'd recommend contacting Siemens and asking them how to configure this PBX to send some indication of end of call.

I'd expect at least for it to send some sort of a busy tone when call is finished - but again Siemens should be able to advise in more detail how this PBX works.

I'd recommend using Dialogic's PBXpert utility to create your own tone file (.TSF) for your setup...

Official Dialogic forum is at:

http://resource.intel.com/telecom/support/...main/index.html